Offsetting P2P against transactions

(Dem) #1

Hey,

I’ve been using Mondo religiously since about March and really value it; specifically the insights into my spending habits. It’s allowed me to improve my habits and save a little more each month.

What I’d love to see is the ability to offset money that has been sent to you against a transaction. For example, say I make an order for a takeaway at £30 and pay via Mondo, my friends would then send a tenner each so we can split it 3 ways. I’d love to be able to make the connection between the transaction and the P2P payment so it doesn’t look like I spent £30 and then topped up £20. At the end of that month, it may then look like I’ve spent £20 extra on food than I actually have.

It seems like a relatively useful feature so I’d love to hear if anyone else has had a similar idea or if I’m misunderstanding the feature.

Cheers :beers:

(Dominic Tyler) #2

Love this idea! You could also link it to the ‘transactions with this merchant’ idea, and instead have ‘transactions for this event’, showing the net outlay, and then tapping on it expands to show how much you spent, and gained back.