Octopus

A fix was pushed for it last week! So far so good. Just need them to go back and update the previous incorrect stats.

Wish my washing machine or dishwasher had a delay feature :frowning:

1 Like

Oh that’s good that it’s fixed at least. So far they tend to be on the ball when I email them.

I knew my washer had a delay but I rarely use that as it really does cost next to nothing for me to run it on its eco settings.

The dryer likes to eat electricity, so that’s a bonus that I actually discovered it today. The stupid manual doesn’t even mention it. I’d pressed something by mistake on the menu, and was like no there’s a timer to delay.

Received email from Octopus yesterday…

*We should adjust your monthly payments soon
*We think your monthly payments should be changed to £144.88, starting with your July payment

Started with £84 3 years ago…

I got a similar email, I sent them a message back saying no thanks. If I need to alter the amount I pay I’ll do that at my own leisure.

Currently my accounts in credit and no sign of it going into a negative balance anytime soon.

I don’t know your circumstances but £144.88 a month is a lot. I’m assuming it includes your heating?

1 Like

sadly leaving Octopus after the cheapest price for the next 12 months was a 50% increase in cost.
For the last few years, after referral credits, Octopus has been very good value for me, but prices have gone up a lot compared to other suppliers, and I’ve not seen a referral for 6 months +

Similar happened with mine. Apparently I used more last year so fell behind, so not only do I need to repay that but I have a new higher rate going forward too :sob:

Is that at fixed? Have you looked at Agile or Go?

Been using Flipper for quite a while now.

Currently with Avro Energy - one of the smaller companies.

2 Likes

that’s fixed. I had someone come to try and fit smart meters a couple of weeks ago, but we have a three-phase cutout, so we need someone with a 3-phase qualification to fit our (single phase) smart meter, so Agile/Go wouldn’t work at the moment

Do you need three phase? According to the Octopus forum, there are some companies now able to fit a 3 phase smart meter .

I don’t need a 3-phase meter, but because I have a 3-phase cutout, the person fitting the meter needs a 3-phase qualification to do it, and there aren’t very many people with that qualification - this is what the chap who came to fit it told me

1 Like

That chart ties in exactly with what I’ve seen with :octopus: Agile price levels since the start of this year.

EDIT: Except Agile is capped at 35p per kWh, so Agile could be less expensive even if it seems closer to the 35p most of the time than it used to.

For now anyways. They’ve just increased Go slightly for anyone switching to it.

I wonder if some of this is due to local generation coming online and taking a chunk out of the wholesale market

Free 1 hour of electricity each month if you have a smart meter with Octopus.

It doesn’t sound much but you could schedule loads of stuff to be done and it should save you a decent amount.

You’ve just got to fill in the below form…

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up!

They do like to hide things from existing customers, wouldn’t know about this if you’d not posted. Assuming it’s a promotion to try get customers on to smart meters.

Still I’ve filled it in, see what’ happens.

Yeah as with all the stuff they do, it’s very hush. Perhaps it’s a marketing strategy because they know people will share the details :man_shrugging:

In the past I found out about the guaranteed win on wheel of fortune and the free Octopus plushie through word of mouth only.

1 Like