Number of Visits Metric is actually the number of transactions

Currently the Number of Visits on the merchant/ transaction screen does not take into account that a number of transactions can occur at 1 visit (I.e sitting at the pub and buying a number of rounds of drinks).

To help users view relevant information can we set parameters around a visit (I.e all transactions at a merchant in the space of X hours are counted as 1 visit)? This would enable the user to see information such as: I have visited the pub 3 times, and at each visit I spent an average of Ā£x, with an average of Ā£x per transactions.

Let me know if you think this would be a useful addition.

8 Likes

I have just flagged this up as well.

Yes! Would definitely like this. This would be particularly useful for the pub as you say.

I think a better metric would be maybe unique days visited? Thatā€™s how we handle this kind of thing in arcade games anyway.

That makes lots of sense, thanks @Jeremy

We need to rethink all that. Even the concept of ā€œvisitā€ doesnā€™t really apply to certain merchants (Iā€™m looking at you TfL), let alone online merchants :grin:

Weā€™ll work soon a full sprint around search and Iā€™d like to revisit all these stats to provide more meaningful pieces of info, depending on the category different stats may be relevant, etc. Weā€™ll share our thoughts here :slight_smile:

@RichardR - Yes good point, I was tempted to say every 24hours but I guess if you visit s location twice, say for coffee before and after work, would you prefer that to be 2 visits or 1?

@Hugo - Thanks, Iā€™m looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

I would prefer the coffee example to be 2 visits - maybe an option to set or it pops up to ask us at the start of the next day?

I think one of the great things about Mondo is not needing to dive in and tweak things all the time.

I think a better option would be to give each visit a ā€˜lifetimeā€™ of say an hour. Any subsequent payments in that time are part of the same visit, each subsequent payment restarts the hour clock.

I think would give a nice balanced approach where things should fit without a user intervention.

2 Likes

I agree Matty - id favour a simple solution that works 95% of the time rather than the need to customise anything

1 Like

I agree with having a simple solution too. An hour is maybe a little bit of a short lifetime though, I was thinking somewhere in the range of 2-4? Iā€™d have to see data to really decide.

1 Like

Yeah I think the timings would need some thought and some data analysis. An hour would probably cover places like food/drinks in a bar, but possibly not enough between drinks in a coffee shop. Maybe 2 hours is better, I can only think of edge/occasional cases where I would be at the same place but not purchase more often than that.