NowTv on Apple TV

Nope Netflix are definitely not integrated with the TV app, annoyingly. They want to keep their content completely self contained, away from all the other channels that come up in there, which is a shame.

Anyone heard any news on the Now Tv Apple TV app beta lately?
I was hoping the new app would be out before Game of Thrones starts again!
Didnā€™t wanna sign up again whilst the app was so poor :slightly_frowning_face:

Was looking at NowTV for GOT also but max picture quality 720p

There have been three beta builds so far though I have not noticed any changes in either.

UI is much better and picture quality does seem better. But no mention of release dates yet.

1 Like

Itā€™s unbelievable they still only stream in 720p.
This bit was kinda laughable:

ā€œWeā€™re constantly looking into ways to develop our service, so higher-quality streaming is something we hope to introduce in the future.ā€

Iā€™m sure they could have worked that one out by now if theyā€™d wanted to :joy:

Looks like Iā€™ll probably have to buy one of their sticks thenā€¦

The app on my smart tv is pretty good and also on the Xbox but you are limited to how many devices you can log in from which is a pain.

I donā€™t know what the app is like on my smart tv (Samsung 4K curved tv - about 3 years old), as i have never been able to get it to launch.

Does being in 720p stop you from enjoying the content? Iā€™ve just binged all 9 series of TWD on NowTV and canā€™t say I ever felt hard done by, quality-wise.

Nope, 720p would not stop me from being able to enjoy the content, but it would be nicer to look at if at least 1080p.

720p is very outdated - it became outdated all most as soon as it was introduced as 1080p came pretty much at the same time.

I do think itā€™s a noticeable difference.

I mean, I could just watch it on my phone really. Wouldnā€™t stop my enjoying the content. :man_shrugging:

Well I got a free 3 month subscription via mcdā€™s monopoly game, and Now TV picture quality is amazing for on demand and live tv.

I am using Apple TV 4K with this Sony TV

I would imagine with the Apple TV and the TV they both upscale images anyway :wink:

God, I hate the Now TV app on Apple TV. Apparently it was done because Apple paid Sky to build their app, and Sky just ported their old app across.

2 Likes

Is there subtitles on NowTV through Apple TV? If so, is the subtitle coverage pretty decent across varieties of content? NowTV has been exceptionally awful in this field, but Iā€™m hearing that theyā€™ve started to add subtitles but with ā€œtechnical difficultiesā€ :roll_eyes:

Some screen shots I found online :grimacing:
image image

2 Likes

Is this from the beta Now TV they are doing for the new Apple TV app?

I couldnā€™t possibly say :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

:joy:

Itā€™s not going to out in time for GOT coming back, so Iā€™m gonna end up having to buy a Now TV stick because I refuse to sign up using the current Apple TV app itā€™s so bad lol.

It looks good on my Apple TV 4K and 4K TV :wink:

image image