See your mortgage in Monzo šŸ  [Mortgage Referrals pilot live šŸš€]

When you say a fake pot, do you mean a pot with zero in it and setting the goal to the mortgage amount? Or do you have another hack?!

Yea exactly that, just using the pot target for another purpose basically, we do it for lots of things so can see everything all in one place. Until the gov/finance industry pull their socks up and do open banking for everything itā€™s the next best(cheapest) thing :smiley:

3 Likes

Excellent hack! Thanks for sharing. :hot_coral_heart:

1 Like

Loving this new feature! My BTL mortgage provider doesnā€™t have online visibility so this is revolutionary to me to be able to track the progress of my mortgage! It was such a quick and seamless feature to add too. Great work Monzo! :star_struck:

7 Likes

This is really cool. Itā€™s unfortunate itā€™s based off the credit file which always seems to take an age to update (my progress tracker is a month behind reality) - but I love the percentage paid off and how long to go!

4 Likes

I really like this addition to Monzo

I would love to see the below added -

How much an overpayment wipes off the mortgage
What term is left on the rate you are locked in at
How much you have paid in interest and how much you have paid off in capital

3 Likes

Adding this yesterday was incredible. An amazing moment for something relatively dull.

First time Iā€™ve heard my group of friends talking about Monzo in a few years.

Also, Iā€™ve had a Halifax mortgage for a few years and havenā€™t been able to login (FFS).

4 Likes

Maybe you should attempt to fix that? Reset online authentication details with letters?

1 Like

Still not got the RBS logo on the wee card - just a plain generic grey one.

1 Like

Being all ā€œSuspicious Fryā€ - I wonder if Monzo have built this to try to gather information on mortgages to try to make a movement into that market? :thinking:

3 Likes

Mine is way out.

Iā€™ve made 7 payments but itā€™s saying Iā€™ve only made 3.

It says updated 44 days ago, which is fine, I get that, but based on what itā€™s showing Iā€™ve paid, only July/Aug/Sept are being calculated. The latest the last update could be is 30th Sept (1st Oct payment isnā€™t included) and thatā€™s 105 days.

The total paid back is also wrong. It says Iā€™ve paid Ā£2,201 over 3 months, that means monthly payments of Ā£733, which is Ā£60 out, and the correct amount is displayed below anyway.

Hey @Revels, sorry to hear this is off. Which bit are you looking at for the total number of payments?

For the repayment progress (Ā£/% paid back), weā€™re aware this is a little confusing and weā€™re looking at how we make this clearer. At the moment, this is calculated as your starting mortgage balance minus your current balance - i.e, itā€™s the amount of the balance youā€™ve paid off, excluding any interest. But weā€™re hearing from you and other folks that this isnā€™t particularly clear.

Is your balance correct? (Or at least, what youā€™d expect as of 44 days ago?)

1 Like

I just checked the app to see how many times Iā€™ve paid the mortgage. But the app says 32 years and 9 months, so itā€™s only looking at 3 payments.

Thatā€™s what I thought it would be, but it isnā€™t right.

We pay Ā£673 a month and it says Iā€™ve paid off Ā£2,201.00

Ā£2,201 / 3 = Ā£733

44 days ago means it hasnā€™t quite included the payment for 1st Dec, I get that bit, but there should still be July, Aug, Sept, Oct & Nov.

1 Like

Mines the same. First mortgage payment was April, and also 44 day old data. But the amount paid off is about 3.5 months worth of payments :thinking:

My payments were:
1x Ā£933 in April
Then Ā£777 every month since then.

Total paid shows as Ā£2931 which even taking into account the 44 day old data is still way out.

2 Likes

Can I pay your mortgage and you pay mine?

Also, I had the same problem as you. It was inaccurate so I turned it off

5 Likes

We pay Ā£605 on a 3 bed semi, re-mortgage is later this year so fully expecting to be paying close to Ā£1k.

So hereā€™s a weird thing.

• My mortgage has just updated. Monzo says that it updated 46 days ago, but the balance seems closest to the payment I made on 1st January. So itā€™s nowhere near 46 days old.

• But, weirder still, the values donā€™t match. My mortgage provider has my outstanding balance as being Ā£xxx,684.65. but in Monzo it says Ā£xxx,629.00 - a difference of Ā£55.65.

Not major in the scheme of things but just really weird, especially that the balance is lower in Monzo. :thinking:

(@HB drop me a line if you wanted any of my details to investigate whatā€™s happening behind the scenes).

Could that not be a live balance vs a once-a-month figure issue?

My balance on my mortgage dashboard updates daily but on the credit report (so Monzo too) only once a month.

Update: the same figure is in Credit Karma, so looks like a reporting thing somewhere.

Iā€™m not sure how. My mortgage provider only updates the web site once a month. It feels like a leap that theyā€™re giving credit agencies daily data (which they pick up at some point).

That said, I suppose it could reasonably be the outstanding balance reported to the CRAs on a different cycle to the payment one, so theyā€™ll never really match.

:thinking:

1 Like

Sorry, I meant the other way around. Could your mortgage provider be giving you a daily figure but only report once a month to the CRA?

If not it could be the different cycle as you mention.

1 Like