See your mortgage in Monzo šŸ  [Mortgage Referrals pilot live šŸš€]

Really nice feature - good work!

4 Likes

This. Seeing such a horrific balance which Iā€™m broadly powerless over as I navigate to a connected account is deeply disturbing.

Perfect opportunity for a toggle to move it to the end of the carousel :grinning:

2 Likes

This is interesting. For me on Android it went to the very end (before the ā€˜Things you can do with monzoā€™ card) - which is where it should be really.

Then I noticedā€¦ under the ā€˜Things you can do with Monzoā€™ card is ā€˜Add another mortgageā€™ - so I tapped on it and went through the onboarding - but it seem to report only the same as my initially connected mortgage. I am clearly mortgage-limited here (one only), so canā€™t test it.

Anyone with multiple mortgages here? Can you connect more than one?

1 Like

Can confirm. Same here on Android.

This was so easy to add. No login details needed or anything :raised_hands: :100:

2 Likes

Yes and yes you can.

5 Likes

Nice! :+1:

3 Likes

Not going to be possible though, itā€™s based on what TransUnion hold about the mortgage. Thatā€™s ultimately down to when the provider sends another batch of data through. I donā€™t think thereā€™s even a design for open banking mortgages and what it should share etc etc

1 Like

Bravo, the ease of adding it was just ridiculous, well done. Major pay on the back to the team behind it.

My only complaint/gripe is one thatā€™s been listed numerous times above. Halifax last updated the report 42 days ago according to you, in which time weā€™ve made 2 payments that are not accounted for, this puts it so far out of whack itā€™s not useful. The idea stated above to choose what direct debit is your mortgage payment and use that to bring the payment to the right place seems like a very logical and doable solution, assuming you pay the mortgage from your Monzo account.

But weā€™ll done for the integration, it was so easy itā€™s impressive

5 Likes

The sign up flow :ok_hand:

6 Likes

Never say never. If ā€˜neverā€™ happened, the current account, instant transaction notifications via dedicated payment processor, CrowdFunding, Apple pay(!), bills pots, salary sorter, Flex, Dark Mode, Paid-tiers, etc., etc., wouldnā€™t be here.

Limits always appear (we use a Joint account as the only proper bank account, so Iā€™m used to effin limits)
I continue to believe that the amazing people contributing on this forum help push those boundaries into usable features.

#ForeverTheOptimist

6 Likes

In this case itā€™s a never though or at least many years away :rofl: open banking is moving at a glacial pace, itā€™s barely used as it is. Iā€™m sure at some point the banks might look at extending it to cover other products, personally I think weā€™ll all be pensioners before that happens :upside_down_face::sweat_smile:

Mortgage providers seem happy to use it, to scan all your accounts to make an offer, thereā€™s just nothing going the other way

2 Likes

Thereā€™s this which might give a tiny bit of hope

2 Likes

Also reported as feedback in the app, but it looks like there is a .to_lower or equivalent for the line below the balance for the last update - not upper L and HSBC became hsbc

4 Likes

Iā€™m having an issue with this which is fair enough because itā€™s labs.

I turn the toggle on got a spinning circle and then it takes me back to labs. Thereā€™s no sign up flow or anything.

Iā€™m on latest iOS and latest Monzo app, I had to update the app to see the new toggle.

Iā€™ve fully closed the app and tried again a few times.

Does the option stay switched on after the spinning circle? I think it did the same for me, then I had to restart the app and then the Mortgage option appeared under Do More with Monzo

No it doesnā€™t

Love this, and I donā€™t even have a mortgage :cry:

cough can we have this for any other debts/loans that we can manually add cough

Sorry the cough should clear up.

2 Likes

All hooked up and very easy it was too.

Very glad this doesnā€™t affect the view of your overall balance like Flex does.

5 Likes

Can you imagine?!

I think thereā€™s general agreement on here that a bit of tweaking of balances would be good. I canā€™t find the post, but someone suggested having sections and total balances for current accounts, savings, debt etc, which seems sensible to me. Then throw in a net worth figure and jobs a goodā€™un!

3 Likes