See your mortgage in Monzo šŸ  [Mortgage Referrals pilot live šŸš€]

It seems to not have registered what your monthly payment is either which may be part of the problem. Mine seems to be bang on the money for how my mortgage is setup, maybe give it a month till it registers the payment amount?

It has, just omitted from the screenshot for privacy :smile:

1 Like

Oh ā€¦ haha ā€¦ yeah that makes a lot of sense, ignore me :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing! We are working on some improvements here over the coming weeks - Iā€™d love to pick up with you after weā€™ve shipped them to see if they fix things for you. Do you make overpayments in addition to your contractual monthly payment, by any chance?

PS: Weā€™ve been quiet, but weā€™re working away on a few new things! Weā€™ll be back with a proper update :soon:

17 Likes

The best PS.

5 Likes

I make overpayments to my mortgage currently as well, if youā€™d like any further feedback on that specific circumstance. :+1:

1 Like

I also make regular overpayments. Excited to see what youā€™ve come up with

1 Like

Ditto

Good to hear! I have done previously (& consistently) although the last was December 2022. Previously the info seemed to be correct even with the overpayments.

Happy to offer any additional feedback once the improvements are shipped :grin:

1 Like

I like the latest improvements here showing which payments were used for the calculation and when the next update from the lender will be.

4 Likes

Ditto, this makes it much clearer.

Agree that it is helpful to know when the next update will be, but the following doesnā€™t change and therefore it isnā€™t clear when the 5 weeks is from (as I canā€™t see the actual date it was last updated which could be used as a guide):

3 Likes

This is new :eyes:

EDIT: Oh, clicking on ā€œI know my interest rateā€ I get a page where I canā€™t enter the number :frowning_face: @HB @EdSB

1 Like

Double posting for lolz! I managed to get past that screen (copy/paste interest rate from other place), and then was prompted to enter overpayments!

This then makes the time to pay off more accurate. Now I just need the option to put in when my current interest rate ends!

2 Likes

Well, we can always rely on the Community to beat us to an announcement (youā€™ve done my job for me Michael!)ā€¦

:drum: Drum rollā€¦ from today weā€™ll start rolling out an updated version of ā€œSee your mortgage in Monzoā€ to all Monzo customers! Folks who connected via Labs should get a sneak preview! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

:test_tube: So whatā€™s changed since we first launched to Labs?

• Weā€™ve significantly improved the way we calculate your ā€œtime to repayā€ by either using your interest rate (if you know it) or we can estimate your interest rate from your recent balance history and telling us about any overpayments
  • You can manually add any regular monthly overpayment you make
  • We have created some mini-insights on the estimated impact (on interest saved and mortgage free date) if you kept up your regular overpayments or decided to ā€œtop upā€ your monthly repayment to a round number
  • There isnā€™t super well-defined data from credit bureaux about when youā€™ve remortgaged to a different lender or even achieved the milestone of being mortgage free. Weā€™ve added some logic to flag when we think this has occurred and help you to take action

:wrench: Some smaller improvements

• Weā€™ve ~10xed the number of lenders we support more gracefully by improving the way lenders are formatted and upped the number of lender cards weā€™ve designed
  • Thereā€™s now a route out of the onboarding flow to reach out to TransUnion if somethingā€™s not right with the mortgages found

:calendar: Whatā€™s coming up?

• The next few days: weā€™re going to be adding in some more beautiful new images and animations in the journey as well as some light improvements to the journey to make it easier to complete! Weā€™re also iterating on how and when we reach out to TransUnion to update your mortgage info
  • Beyond - weā€™ve had some fun over the last weeks with testing some concepts around visualising overpayments and we reckon thereā€™s an opportunity to build some really unique features here! :shushing_face:

:loudspeaker: As ever, we love it when you give us feedback!
We may need to iron out the new features over the next few days - drop us a message in this thread or via the in-app feedback form if thereā€™s anything not working quite right!

Keep telling us what you want to see next, we take everything on board!

20 Likes

Now that weā€™ve done the announcement, letā€™s get fixing! Was it that the numeric keypad didnā€™t appear or something else?

You should be able to edit interest rate from the home screen - let me know if that issue still happens? :pray: Weā€™d expect you to find yourself on at least app version 5.19.0 for Android or 5.18.0 for iOS

1 Like

When I first went into adding the interest rate, no numeric keyboard appeared. Just had the next button, even when I clicked into the input field.

Editing seems to show it fine.

Alsoā€¦
If I click in to edit my interest rates and ask Monzo to calculate it for me, and then click ā€œNextā€ on the ā€œLetā€™s calculate your interest rateā€ screen, I get a ā€œSomethingā€™s gone wrong, not sure what.ā€ error that pops up at the bottom.

2 Likes

This is fantastic - thank you for the update. This is going to be HUGELY helpful for a lot of people Iā€™m sure.

6 Likes

Amazing update. To have my interest saving and term reduction quantified by my overpayments in-app is fantastic.

Would also love to be able to calculate impact of one-off repayments / lump sums.

Love the direction this is going!

4 Likes

The insights feature is really cool!

Iā€™ve found it incredibly beneficial to know that by making a small overpayment each month, how much I will save an interest and sooner the mortgage will be paid off.

Of course this is common sense that overpayments are beneficial but to have it quantified without me having to do anything other than know the minimum I could overpay to make an impact is amazing!

4 Likes