Now in Labs: See your mortgage in Monzo 🏠

They’re working on that!

4 Likes

I like this. The setup was super easy so kudos to that and it works as expected.

My only comment would be not too sure in the case of a mortgage how useful that percentage bar is.

4 Likes

This is pretty cool - will be curious to see how this changes in the app when I remortgage soon to a different provider

1 Like

If you read the T&C’s for this mortgage view, it does mention something to do with this, so it might show up nearer the time along with suggestions of providers to use :eyes:

2 Likes

Feedback given in-app.

As for posts here…

This :point_up:

But then this :point_up::point_up: beats the previous ‘This :point_up:’ - because you’re manually in control of the value in the manual account (no Zoopla/etc. link needed).

Same. A ‘Refresh’ icon/button that worked here would be :man_cook:'s :kiss: (:ok_hand:) - my in-app feedback referred to this - auto-refresh every 30 days - or (even better) - be able to designate a mortgage transaction (payment) from a Monzo account which triggers a refresh of the connected Mortgage account a few days later. Sorted.

All feature-wishes aside, thank the Lord :pray::

Screenshot_20221212-194623

4 Likes

Thinking about it, if the trends data could let me know what changing my mortgage rate/term does to my left to spend that would be pretty neat. Also, I only own half of my mortgage so it would need to divide everything (payments/asset) by two

1 Like

Ooh, financial modelling. Yes please!

1 Like

So I initially thought this was a Monzo thing. But it’s the same with the other TransUnion apps (Credit Karma etc). :frowning:

2 Likes

One other thing. Enabling it, for me at least, pushed it in front of the connected accounts on the Home Screen.

Would be good to be able to reorder it so it showed at the bottom since it’s the one I’m least likely to check.

4 Likes

Really nice feature - good work!

3 Likes

This. Seeing such a horrific balance which I’m broadly powerless over as I navigate to a connected account is deeply disturbing.

Perfect opportunity for a toggle to move it to the end of the carousel :grinning:

2 Likes

This is interesting. For me on Android it went to the very end (before the ‘Things you can do with monzo’ card) - which is where it should be really.

Then I noticed… under the ‘Things you can do with Monzo’ card is ‘Add another mortgage’ - so I tapped on it and went through the onboarding - but it seem to report only the same as my initially connected mortgage. I am clearly mortgage-limited here (one only), so can’t test it.

Anyone with multiple mortgages here? Can you connect more than one?

1 Like

Can confirm. Same here on Android.

This was so easy to add. No login details needed or anything :raised_hands: :100:

2 Likes

Yes and yes you can.

5 Likes

Nice! :+1:

3 Likes

Not going to be possible though, it’s based on what TransUnion hold about the mortgage. That’s ultimately down to when the provider sends another batch of data through. I don’t think there’s even a design for open banking mortgages and what it should share etc etc

1 Like

Bravo, the ease of adding it was just ridiculous, well done. Major pay on the back to the team behind it.

My only complaint/gripe is one that’s been listed numerous times above. Halifax last updated the report 42 days ago according to you, in which time we’ve made 2 payments that are not accounted for, this puts it so far out of whack it’s not useful. The idea stated above to choose what direct debit is your mortgage payment and use that to bring the payment to the right place seems like a very logical and doable solution, assuming you pay the mortgage from your Monzo account.

But we’ll done for the integration, it was so easy it’s impressive

5 Likes

The sign up flow :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Never say never. If ‘never’ happened, the current account, instant transaction notifications via dedicated payment processor, CrowdFunding, Apple pay(!), bills pots, salary sorter, Flex, Dark Mode, Paid-tiers, etc., etc., wouldn’t be here.

Limits always appear (we use a Joint account as the only proper bank account, so I’m used to effin limits)
I continue to believe that the amazing people contributing on this forum help push those boundaries into usable features.

#ForeverTheOptimist

6 Likes