Notifications show more then what actually occurred

Do you have coin jar enabled on your account? This maybe where the issue lies.

I’ve deleted my Coin Jar to conduct this experiment.

I’ve got the same issue but mine always sits on at least 11 notifications even when I have only made on transaction and then counts up from there. I tried deleting and reinstalling too.
Please help, it’s rather annoying

I have coin jar and have never seen anything other than a 1:1 correlation with transactions,

I’ve never quite understood the purpose of the badge - because notifications don’t seem to equal feed items the number just doesn’t mean anything to me. And even if it did match new feed items I’d still be a bit meh. I just need to know if there’s been new activity that I might want to check in on.

(Android notifications ftw here - they work so much better!)

3 Likes

@simonb

Did you manage to find out about this? Seems to be an annoyance for a few of us now.

It’s getting worse since I removed the coin jar. Five notifications for one transaction now!

imageimageimageimage

I just had TfL go through and it showed 5 even though it was only one transaction

1 Like

Hello!

So I just found some discussion from our devs on this, it’s something there’s been a lot of discussion about today and it looks like it might be to do with Coin Jar. There also may be another issue whereby non-relevant feed items are getting generated on the back-end.

Basically, it’s not a bug in the sense that the number is wrong. As far as the app is concerned, the number is correct. But as far as the end user is concerned, the number is wrong because they may not be seeing the feed items as they might be for things that shouldn’t actually be sending a feed item to the specific user (like a feature check on the back-end that isn’t enabled for the user yet).

Hope that makes sense - no ETA on a fix but we’re working on it!

4 Likes

Is it possible to make it so that when the app’s opened they’re all marked as read.
Or even to run it manually on accounts?

It annoys my OCD :sob:

I think the best thing for me would be to turn the badges off at the moment until a fix is identified and implemented.

Thanks @simonb for the update.

2 Likes

For the record I didn’t feel that there was anything wrong with your comment. A few forum users are a bit highly strung is all :slight_smile:

I didn’t think there was anything wrong with their comment either :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

The comment may have come across that way, certainly did to me but I’m not a forum moderator so it’s not my job or role to police what you say.

I was just giving a comment to @glasgow that I didn’t think there was anything wrong with his comment.

You’re right. Maybe some people are a bit highly strung and might have misinterpreted what I said.

Let’s not get into a discussion about what we feel about other forum members, please :grinning:

5 Likes

What if they’re being a right little so and so?

Any update on this or if it will be rectified in the next update unfortunately I’ve been hit by the bug now although it’s not a big issue it’s just a bit annoying at times so hopefully it will be sorted out soon.

It’s getting fixed! :muscle:

No ETA yet but getting there.

2 Likes

Thanks for that @simonb much appreciated :slight_smile:

I spent some time this weekend narrowing down this bug. There’s a few different issues going on here, one of them is us (mostly around Coin Jar and IFTTT pot transactions) and another is an iOS 12 Beta bug that I’m also seeing with my Twitter client and email apps (one notification can result in a badge that says 26 or more!).

Hopefully the iOS 12-side bug will be fixed in the next release. We’ll see what we can do about fixing ours!

4 Likes