Not able to setup IBAN international Payee via TransferWise Monzo Integration

I am trying to send money to a family member in Lebanon using their IBAN which I always use to send them money. (used to use LLoyds bank and now I switched to Monzo).

The first time I sent them money, I used Trasnferwise (TW) directly, I set them up as a payee in TW and used the IBAN code, sent the money and it arrived fine.

Now I am trying to avoid having to send the money from Monzo to TW then from TW to my family member’s account.

So I was looking to use the Monzo TW integration in-app, however I can’t get access to the payees I already have in TW nor can I setup a new payee using IBAN. And when I try to setup a new payee I can’t even find the country in the list, although I was already able to find it in TW when I used their website.

My understanding is that all international payments are made using IBAN, so how come Monzo only allows for reference number & account number in international transfer and doesn’t allow me to choose Lebanon?

The Monzo/Transferwise integration doesn’t support all the currencies that Transferwise does on its own so it may be as simple as the Lebanese currency being one that isn’t available yet.

2 Likes

It’s more the actual country rather than the currency, But yeah I was told by the team that I should just stick to TW for now until the country is available through the integration.