Non UK resident but UK citizen

H, I’m living in Australia, but have a house in the UK that is rented out. I have never lived at the property as I inherited it. I usually use my parents or sisters address for anything that I need to be delivered etc, but I don’t live there, so won’t appears on the electoral roll etc. However, need a UK bank account for the rental to be paid into. I used my husbands account until recently, but he is now deceased. I am a UK citizen, but my UK passport is not current as have dual citizenship. Can I use my family members address to receive post etc, or will the account be denied as I won’t appear on the electoral roll? Trying to do things the right way, but shit this is hard.

Unfortunately you need to be a full time UK resident.

1 Like

Open an account with Revolut in Australia. Then open a GBP account in that app.

1 Like

TransferWise is also probably an option.

2 Likes

You could open an account with HSBC Australia who can then help you open an account with HSBC UK

1 Like

Sorry for your loss

3 Likes

This may fall foul of Monzo’s stance on ‘business’ accounts. They’re unlikely to let you use the personal account for this, unless you were already looking at the business account?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.