New sign up - app crashes on multiple devices

If you reply to any message apart from the one before, the profile pic of the person you’re replying to appears in the top right of your reply. Makes it a bit easier to keep track of who is replying to what

There’s probably a way to explain that in better English but my caffeine levels are critically low

Have also had to unfortunately create an account on the forum to report the exact same issue.

Have restarted phone multiple times, reinstalled app multiple times, used multiple email apps to open the magic link, and can log into Monzo web. Phone is OnePlus 7 Pro. Stock Android (no roms etc) and no interfering apps either.

Not the best guys.

I just moved to the UK from Canada and will be staying here for the long term.

I installed the app on my phone, and when I go to register, I am unable to. I enter my gmail, I receive the email, I click the “Log in to Monzo” button, and it brings me to the same page, asking me to enter my email address and send another magic link. This loops forever, I can’t proceed to make an account.

How do I fix this?

I confess it’s been a looooong time since I created my account, but are you sure you’re selecting the “create an account” item and not just “log in”?

1 Like

Yep, I am definitely sure I am going through that flow.

If you haven’t already, the first thing I’d try is deleting and reinstalling the app.

If you’ve sent a few emails as well, just double check you’re clicking on the latest - I believe Monzo invalidates previous magic links when they send out a new one.

I have also tried that too. I cleared out any existing emails, waited 10 minutes, and tried to apply again, still no progress. I also cleared the app’s cached data.

It is giving me the error: “Looks like there was a problem, check your internet connection”

I am connected to a strong wi-fi signal, and using my service provider (o2) gets me the same error.

Is there any chance you’ve attempted to open a Monzo account in the past and then stopped half way or something? Even if using an alternative email/phone number?

That’s the only thing I can come up with that might impact the sign-up process, perhaps someone else may have an alternative suggestion if this is not the issue.

Nope, that’s impossible, as I moved to the UK less than a week ago and heard about Monzo 2 days ago.

I’m out of ideas. Perhaps it’s time to email help@monzo.com and see what they say? Might be something broken with the sign-up flow, but they have more chance of finding the fault for you.

1 Like

Did you download the app from the Canadian App Store or the UK App Store?

If the UK App Store, I’m out of ideas too!

That might be the issue! I need to wait 48~ hours for my account to switch over to the UK, then I’ll try downloading it again.

I’ll update this thread if it works or doesn’t!

1 Like

Hi all, I’ve merged two threads here that sound like they could be the same issue.

I’ve reported this internally and we’ll take a look behind the scenes to see what’s up.

Thanks for bearing with us in the meantime.

1 Like

Okay- update!

@landwomble Can you try install Monzo Bank version 2.54.1 from APKMirror?

That seems to have solved it for me.

Having to use a ~3 week old version of the app isn’t really the best, but it’s a temporary solution!

Not really keen on installing banking apps from third party repos. I’ll wait…

think we’ve figured this one out and should have it fixed within the next 15 mins-ish :pray:

5 Likes

Awesome. Shout if you need repro or a test.
Fwiw right now when I open it, it doesn’t crash but is on “we’re verifying your information” so it’s definitely changed!

Same here! Though I feel like my account already got past this earlier, so don’t know if it’s now just differently stuck.

Now all working for me.

Thanks for the rapid fix, Monzo

2 Likes

Still no luck for me. Do you how I can i can fix it ?