New Monzo Chat

I seem to have been switched to the new Monzo Chat system, so I thought it might be good to start a thread where those who are on it can provide feedback.

Firstly, I should say that I’m thrilled Monzo are building their own system; I’ve previously written about my various irritations and problems with Intercom so this is intended to be constructive feedback, not in any way implying I think Monzo should stick with Intercom!

Secondly, I have no idea what stage this new system is in, so if there is a better place/time to give feedback, let me know.

With that said, I think the following could be improved:

• There’s no indication before you send a message what COps are available, or what the average response time is. This is less friendly and feels a bit like tossing a message into a dark pit, not knowing if/when someone will read it.
  • After sending a message, there’s no indication that it’s sent, delivered, read, or that there’s anyone else at all on the other end. It’s just a bubble of my text on a white screen.
  • You still have to submit a new request ‘twice’: once on the screen where you can mark as urgent, then again when you get transferred through to the actual chat; it would be good if in the new system the first screen submits directly.
  • Going to my chat history now takes me into the conversation I just started (if you can call it a conversation, given it’s just some text I’ve written with no indication of another participant :wink:). I would have thought I’d see a list of chats and have to tap on one to go into a conversation.
14 Likes

I’m gonna link this to the channel :ok_hand:

I think the last point is intended behaviour to reduce duplicate conversations!

2 Likes

Fair enough, I can see how that would be useful. However, the only option I have is ‘Close’, but surely there should be some way to go back to the chat list (even if by default you’re taken straight into the most recent chat).

4 Likes

I don’t think I’ve been moved over yet, but could this be a reason for long response times at the moment? A friend has waited over 12 hours today and it says “usually replies in a day”. Not sure if this is an acceptable SLA tbh?

1 Like

I really hope this doesn’t happen in the final product. It always slightly throws me but I assumed it was because of intercom.

1 Like

There’s no SLA involved since it’s all internal.

They will have an internal SLA…

I suppose it’s possible but neither of us know.

I think there should be a message explaining that Monzo have moved away from intercom and this is the new Monzo chat. Then maybe something inviting the user to ask a question.

It’s pretty disconcerting when you open your chat history one day to find this:

10 Likes

Hey, just posted my feedback here :slightly_frowning_face: :

1 Like

I do feel there’s quite a few issues with the new chat system were your typed out text gets deleted if you come out of the app, the constant crashing of the messages when you send or receive a message the freezing of the chat when you scroll through just to get booted out again. I wish we could have the old system back it felt so much better and refreshing I know Monzo are trying to create their own chat system but this just doesn’t feel great or makes you feel reassured when using it just awaiting updates and other things for it to make the experience better.

7 Likes

I have to agree here. The chat is the one feature on monzo that needs to be foolproof at all times, with monzo being an internet only bank if you face an issue you cant pop into branch. You need that feel of reassurance that your issue will be resolved and with the current half baked chat i dont feel that way

7 Likes

Wow, just saw the new chat. I haven’t contacted Monzo for ages.
There is no other way to describe it: it is absolutely horrible. From having one of the best in-app chat that I have seen :monzo: fell to (almost) the last place. The only thing saving :monzo: is that it doesn’t have (as some other companies) an annoying AI in the chat which you need to almost trick to get to a human.

The reasons for that hash judgment have already been mentioned:

And just adding to that:

• All of my chat history seems to have been deleted (or I cannot figure out how to find it). Both bad.
  • I cannot see at what time I received/sent a messege
  • Send screenshot are constantly reloading (having the loading icon instead of the screenshot) when opening the chat

Hopefully, they will switch back to the previous chat…

5 Likes

All you need to do is ask (via monzo’s new chat system) for a copy of your previous chat history. It’ll be emailed to you after a really easy verification process :grin:

Let’s not post in two consecutive threads on the same topic. The other thread, here: New Monzo help chat seems to have a little more content so let’s carry on there.