New Look Monzo / polish and finish - what next?

Its a flagged feature they’ll push out later today probably and it will remove the lab switch and force the new style. The code for the old style is still there for american and some business accounts.

2 Likes

I’d like the custom image selector for pots on iOS to be fixed.

At the moment it is a square view that you adjust your custom image into, instead of a rectangle with the same dimensions as the actual pots, so I have to attempt uploading images a few times to get them aligned properly.

1 Like

Incoming and outgoing Monzo-to-Monzo payments are taken into account by Summary and Spent Today.

Outgoing Faster Payments are also included in Spent Today, but incoming Faster Payments aren’t included in Spent Today.

1 Like

Make it so that you can either block certain friends (contacts in your phone), or at least turn the feature off and have it as something you need to accept.

I have numerous work colleagues in my phone, I don’t want half of my friends list in Monzo being taken up by people I’ll literally never send money to, and I certainly don’t want them having my details on their end…

How is this not a thing yet? It’s such a big privacy flaw, every single app or website in the world lets you choose to be more private if you wish to, without ruining the whole payments side of things like Monzo does.

4 Likes

But they don’t have your details though, and no more than you have theirs

Yes, I see an argument for a filter, but they only see your name because they have your phone number, much as with WhatsApp

No sort code or account number is shared

I understand that, but with WhatsApp I can block any number I want and then even if they do have my phone number they can’t actually see me/contact me.

It’s not something that would make a massive difference, and I know that them having my details doesn’t make much of a difference as they can’t do anything with it, but I’d just like to be able to have the option of being more private if I’d want to.

For example, if suppliers at work have my number saved then I don’t want them to be able to see anything about my private life. Even if it is just a picture and a full name.

can anyone help my partner - she has updated the app to 3.0 and running the latest iOS, yet still has the old look app. Any ideas why? We even deleted the app and reinstalled and still on the old layout. No option to enable it in labs either.

The new navigation is being rolled out over a period if time (to one customer per second apparently!), so if she holds on a bit longer it should hopefully appear soon!

1 Like

I’d like a little indication on the feed items to see which account for that person the money was actually sent to.

Also matching up of incoming/outgoings to contacts/accounts is a bit of a no brainer

Still have to manually return the tray to its default position.

I just got the new look from Monzo and I don’t like it!! I liked to be able to see the graph at the top, showing me how I’ve been spending my money and all that. Visually, that helped me a lot more than it is now.

Is there any way to get it back? I’d much prefer the graph

(Sorry if I’m responding in the wrong place, I’m new to this forum)

2 Likes

Hi @Mr_Minticuz & welcome :wave:

The ‘new nav’ as it was called is now the standard nav - basically the view everyone now has.
The ‘old nav’ (with the Pulse Graph at the top) has been discontinued.

Just been forced onto new nav - here’s my feedback

• Ability to re-enable the graph at the top so I can see changes in income flow as easy as before + be able to scrub back in time as easy as before

• Implementing colour themes or just something other than all white (doubt we’ll ever see a dark theme but it would be cool). Really dislike the styling still, personally. (I would love the ability to switch back to old design but I know I’m not getting that)

• Option to add budgeting back to the main navigation - it should be a core part of the Monzo app rather than a small option on the topnav, this is quite disappointing personally

• It feels quite janky having some pages with the Monzo-coloured top taskbar, and some without. I’m not sure if you’re planning to update other parts of the app but if so, that probably should’ve been done before forcing it

I hope this is found as constructive, that’s my intent :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I completely agree with you @dylmye !

I really liked the graph and now without it it seems to have way too much white

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply @davidwalton. I really did like the pulse-graph at the top. It gave the best overview to everything and it broke up the amount of white that was on the screen.

No idea if it is possible to re-implement it back.

Thanks again

1 Like

For a bit of balance to things I hated the graph. It served no purpose for me other than to replicate what looks like an ECG spiking when I get my salary then plummeting when my committed spend comes out next day.

2 Likes

With you here, served no purpose to me. I can imagine how it looked by looking at my balance.

A possible return of ‘a’ graph could happen when the Summary section of the app gets a much-needed re-work. Nothing concrete at this stage though, just :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

In a way, it does make sense… it didn’t really serve any purpose in that way but for me it looked nicer than having just this white thing now at the top.

My thoughts

The summary, which is by far the biggest feature monzo has to help manage spending, feels like its now an after thought, to get to it, im basically exiting the new look and going to the original summary screen. I want it to be central to my app

Joint account. It feels like just another account/pot on the scroll list, whether its scrolling sideways through the accounts or scrolling down the overview of accounts/pots. Its for different spending, i want it to be separate.

Pots. They now feel like accoints rather than pots, i want them out of view. Comparing it physically, i wouldnt separate cash out to different wallets and then take all those wallets everywhere with me. Pots are supposed to be out of the way, not alongside my main balance.

I wasnt sure about the new look at first but thought id get used to it, now ive had a think about what i want the app to do, the revamp has pretty much undone the benefits I liked about pots, joint account and summary