New Debit Card Activation Issue

That really sucks. Mine activated fine :frowning:

Just wondering if it’s Android issue. Are you on iOS or Android @sarahrcj @Pipefish

I’m on Android, could be the problem

I’m on Android too. An S8 with 7.0

Tried to activate my current account card on iOS and apparently it’s an invalid number. Disappointing!IMG_2512

I’ve potentially been lucky then! I guess the whole idea of this is to find out this stuff before releasing to the masses.

Still - I am very glad mine worked.

(Not sure how long the white lettering is gong to last on these cards - have a look at the back of your insert!)

20170909_105048

I activated mine on iOS about an hour ago, no problems.

Activated mine an hour or two ago, no problems.

So me being bit impatient contacted Monzo team and got this reply. I would advise not to bother them I have apologised again because I think in preview period we can expect these glithes.
Hope it gets sorted though can’t wait to flash my Monzo debit card over the weekend :smile:

Screenshot_20170909-114903

This means it’s not platform specific because I am on Andriod 7 as well but couldn’t activate

I’m so pleased I’ve not been selected for the CA Preview as it means I don’t have these issues.

No. Wait. :confused:

1 Like

Hi everyone! Sorry to hear some of you are having issues with activating your cards. If you could reach out via the in-app chat, we’ll be happy to look into it for you! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks @nathaniel and everyone in the team for hard work on Saturday. I have just been able to activate my card. Hope it’s sorted for everyone. :clap::clap:

1 Like

Mines working now too :hugs::hugs::hugs:

1 Like

Hi guys,

Just got my Current Account card through the post but I can’t get through the set-up process. I get an error saying the number entered is incorrect. I’ve tried both via manually typing and using the camera scan method.

Is this a common/known issue? Thought it would be worth reporting it here.

IMG_3255

It’ll also be worth getting in touch with support via in app chat (on prepaid account if you can’t access the current account), bit I believe support for current account is limited to business hours on weekdays so it may not be until Monday that you have a fix.

Anyone else having server issues?

Hi James!

Could you contact us directly through in-app chat on the prepaid app (specifying that it’s a current account issue) or by email at help@monzo.com? The current account team won’t be back in until Monday morning but they’ll get back to you when they get in. :+1:

1 Like

Got my new card today but can’t activate it in app. Logged with support early today and just waiting to hear back.

Any other new current account sign ups had this issue?

I had the same problem. Contacted monzo via chat on the pre-paid card app and they got it sorted pretty quick