Netflix Chat

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/newsletters/2022-04-24/netflix-losing-subscribers-may-also-cost-it-star-employees

The best, non-knee jerk take that I’ve read.

1 Like

well i thought id escaped the price rise

Hi Dan
We hope you’re enjoying everything Netflix has to offer. We’re updating our prices to bring you more great entertainment. Your monthly price will change to £15.99 on 1 June 2022.

i think that will be the last price rise i absorb from them

1 Like

Still paying Sky £5 per month for Netflix and this gives me access to UHD content on any device. I still have to pay Sky for UHD (another £4) but that’s still better than £15.99 and covers all UHD (Sky, Netflix, Disney+, etc.)

1 Like

I did it with Sky too. I wasn’t going to bother but I was using my ex-girlfriends account but I couldn’t remember her password so the devices I was still logged into was going down and down :rofl:

I don’t mind the extra £5 a month, but I wouldn’t be paying £15.99

:joy::raised_hands:t3:

1 Like

:thinking:

yeah i laughed when i read that def the last increase as far as im concerned

I mean, I don’t think it’s terrible value for us as we don’t pay tv licence nor do we pay for big sky packages or Virgin etc.

I wouldn’t mind if there was some good releases, but lately there’s very little.

Probably watched more on Prime than I have Netflix as of late.

1 Like

I go through phases for all of them, I haven’t watched anything on Netflix in a few weeks but when something appears, I’m going to binge it.

Multiple services and price rises are not going to go well when people really start to feel the pinch in December. Gas bill has gone up another £30. What’s the easiest thing to cut?

1 Like

Out of interest, how much time do people spend watching streaming services each week on average?

Average viewing time per day

• Up to 1 hour
  • 1 to 2 hours
  • 2 to 3 hours
  • 3 hours+

0 voters

I find that there’s a huge amount of old content on Netflix / Prime that I just can’t get through as we watch a max of one hour a night.

Is the first poll option meant to be the title?

So how many hours per day?

1 Like

That’s the error I always make with polls!

It can really vary. I can watch 3 hours a day of something or not touch them all week.

1 Like

:man_facepalming:

No idea how to fix it!

1 Like

I only have streaming services in my house.

Can’t get Freeview without new aerial and cba tbh :joy:

1 Like

I only have streaming services now. I cancelled Sky TV and our OG aerial on the roof is crappola.

So I can watch live TV through BBC/ITV/All4/NowTV etc but I still consider that streaming as it’s via the router. (Yes I pay for a TV licence).

3 Likes

Wow the press is really loving the Netflix bashing.

I’ve worked for several companies that laid off this kind of numbers of staff in a restructure, unsurprisingly none of them made the news!

1 Like

It’s what happens when everyone jumps onto the hype train.

1 Like

Series 4 finale of Stranger Things will be nearly 2 and a half hours long. First volume has 7 episodes, the second volume has 2 episodes.

2 Likes