Netflix Chat

Every trade off mentioned makes it “Netflix with ads”. 720p? Still Netflix with ads. Downloading not available? Still Netflix with ads. Adverts? Obviously still Netflix with ads.

Some content locked? Not the same. It’s “Some Netflix with ads”. If all the Netflix content isn’t available it isn’t just Netflix with ads.

You don’t have to agree with me, the beauty of opinions.

2 Likes

They’ve gone from nothing to launch in like 6 months. I’d back them to figure out the optimisation over time to make it a success.

1 Like

Restarted my membership for The Crown on Wednesday.

You know it’s bad when it’s still easier to Pirate, than to pay to watch, not all content from all countries is available on Netflix.

All we need is a service with absolutely everything on and combined for £50 a month and people will pay for it.

I’m so sick of hearing about a show, and realising it’s only on HULU/Disney+ or Netflix (but only in the U.S), Yes. I know the reason as to why they have to do this (distribution rights)

If I can hear about a show, go to a site, download it and watch it, then why would I want to traul through the 30+ different services to try find it?

3 Likes

Is pirating still that easy? I know I couldn’t be faffed to download a torrent, transcode it and then stick it on a USB drive / Plex. That’s way too much work!

If the Mrs and kids can’t easily select it using the remote then it doesn’t meet the convenience bar in our house.

There are so many options now. We’d just watch something else?

Transcribe?

Download through uTorrent, move to usb/plug laptop to TV by hdmi and watch away.

Edit to remove the bay where the pirates gain their treasures.

Dead easy. Just download a torrent straight to your plex folder and you’re done. Ready to stream whatever you want to watch in a matter of a few minutes, with often better video and sound quality than the streaming services will offer.

Gotta be careful here. Torrenting is perfectly legal, and there are films and tv shows you can acquire legally through torrenting due to the nature of their licensing. Pirating isn’t so we’re not allowed to discuss that, but the former applies to the latter anyway.

I like transmission and WebTorrent.

4 Likes

I have no issue with it, find what I want. Drag and drop the magnet link into qbittorrent webGUI, wait for download, move the completed file into the plex folder. Fire up plex and watch

Granted it does take several steps

2 Likes

The aars can automate downloads so when a new show hits it downloads, renames and moves the downloads to be picked up by your media player of choice (emby/Plex etc).

You can even have a request site so family/friends can request stuff and it automatically downloads it.

So I hear anyway…

1 Like

Allegedly, you could have put allegedly before each statement….

3 Likes
1 Like

Netflix moving into live programming.

1 Like

That’s going to go down well with the “I don’t need a TV licence because I don’t watch live TV” folks…

6 Likes

Anyone watched “Pepsi, Where’s My Jet?” at all?

Interesting to see how an ad could’ve caused so much grief.

We were going to but felt the trailer pretty much told the story so didn’t :joy:

Currently watching 1899 which is weird

2 Likes

I’ve started training myself to watch as little of a trailer as possible now because they no longer tease the show/film just flat out give everything away.

I never watched Dark but heard it was great. Is 1899 a good type of weird?

1 Like

It’s had us hooked. As long as it doesn’t end up on a desert island at the end or a bird sanctuary I think we’ll be good.

1 Like

I watched all 4 episodes, it really didn’t need 4 episodes.

There was probably an hours worth of content at an absolute max but also missed out a lot of key info.

1 Like

Oh really?! I guess having the person at the centre of it as the director might influence it slightly.

Watched two episodes - worth watching the rest @Revels ?