NatWest chat

Haven’t used a chequebook for years, but need to get a copy of some deeds from the Land Registry, can’t write a cheque so I’ll have to get a postal order! A postal order!!

Wooooaaahhh! Don’t think I’ve ever used one of those either :laughing:

1 Like

Can’t they just send you a Monzo.me link? :mondo:

1 Like

So I received a letter today from the Natwest Fraud Operations. Obviously deeply concerned, I phoned the number. Received a very disinterested lady who asked if I had opened up a bank account recently.
All she then told me was to take my documents to a branch to verify I am who I say I am.

Just a bit of a ridiculous process really (I get security is important and don’t take that away from the situation!) so the account switch is already in progress!

3 Likes

My parents have had a NatWest account for years. Since my dad passed away, I’ve had the unfortunate pleasure of dealing with them over the phone and in branch. Their lack of customer care is shocking.

Seen in my local branch recently when I went in to close my accounts.

IMG_20190108_133917056

2 Likes

Went in with my partner on Friday wanting to cut down their overdraft. Turns out that by saying “can I cancel my overdraft completely” you end up getting asked “why?” and “maybe you should keep it for now it’s interest free” or being told to “reduce it to just £250 and keep that”.

Ultimately the problem was that my partner can’t reduce the overdraft below £250 online, and even when going to the branch the person we spoke to was refusing to remove it completely.

Needless to say, the CASS move to Monzo is in process currently.

1 Like

Natwest have marked my account as in default despite me sticking with my agreed repayment plan.

I sent a complaint 10 weeks ago and still have no reply, their online team said that the complaints team has my complaint and will contact me.

Unfortunately for them this is past the 8 week requirement so I have escalated it to the financial ombudsman who will hopefully sort it :roll_eyes:

Natwest was a pain to setup I remember but their app is honestly one of the better legacy bank ones around.

1 Like

It’s not difficult at all. I felt a bit bad the lady I spoke to was lovely. She just processed the request for the £100 to be paid into my new account and that was it

I’ve been a NatWest customer as my main account and billing account for about 20 years. Having recently opened a Monzo account and seeing what was on offer, I can now see NatWest are definitely quite a way behind technologically. The ONLY reason I’ve not fully migrated to Monzo is the NatWest reward scheme you referred to. I know this is something Monzo is interested in doing so maybe I’ll completely move over at some point and I’m super keen to do so.

To be fair, I haven’t had any issues with NatWest as a bank but have never had need to test out their customer services etc so cannot really comment on that side of things.

1 Like

I am signing up for natwest. Is it normal that I have debit card, customer number, current account switch in progress, sort code…

… And yet I don’t know my account number and can’t login at all?!

I feel confused. Not a great onboarding experience.

If I remember right, the account number (and sort code) are given near the end of signing up flow on the website when you first sign up. It is not in a separate email.

I got a ‘reserved’ sortcode and account number right at the end of the initial sign up flow , Internet banking details where then setup using that - you’ll get your debit card and pin separately

Well yesterday I sent £1501 from my monzo to natwest (switch bonus) and a minute later I tried to send £1500 back to Monzo, natwest have blocked my payment and now I have to contact their fraud department :rage:

I can see why that would trigger fraud algorithms, but I’m sure many will have done similar.

I wonder if all were blocked or just a %

Did mine in increments to RBS, pretty glad I did now

I did the same, left it there for 24 hours to be sure, no issue for me

1 Like

I have done a few times without being blocked

Sorry guys, Natwest called me this morning and a robot told me to call this number 3453040001, I did call them and they asked me some questions and one was my 3 digit number, I wasn’t comfortable sharing this information so they hang up. Is this normal?

Seems legit the number for their fraud team according to a quick google

2 Likes