NatWest chat

As much as ai like tech, being served by real people is always my preference. On the whole it adds warmth to an interaction, plus for some it might be an opportunity to actually interact with a real human.

Of course I realise not all customer service peeps are going to be great. Some will likely be complete b-holes…

1 Like

This is a wider point than Natwest, but I think that banks have effectively killed off branches already by making them basically pointless.

I think I’ve related before an experience I had in Nationwide. It was a quiet branch and I had some money to deposit. There was a person behind the counter (yay) but as I walked up to them, I was verbally rugby tackled by a woman who tried to usher me to the machine. I politely declined at which point she said that she’d explain it / do it for me. I said that I was fine and walked past her to the counter. But I felt awkward and unwelcome. No wonder no one uses branches when they’re basically guided machines.

2 Likes

True it wasn’t necessarily a NatWest point I guess. More a general banking. I’ve generally found NatWest to have a poor in branch experience. My local Nationwide was very friendly and nice I felt. It was part of why I decided to give Nationwide a go tbh.

1 Like

Same happened to me at Nationwide over Christmas. Had about £170 cash to pay in from presents. Went straight up to the counter, and I get a lecture about how I should’ve used the machine outside the front door. Ok, whatever, but I didn’t see the machine and now I’m at counter, so can you just do it please. Cue another lecture on the machines.

Terrible experience and I will sadly have no sympathy when the branch eventually gets closed down. With customer service like that they are putting themselves out of a job.

To keep it on topic, I had a similar experience in NatWest a few years that got me to switch my high street bank to Nationwide!

1 Like

I went to the counter at Nationwide. They said that I can use the ATM outside to deposit cash (didn’t know. Was first time doing this) and I appreciated the help. Deposited the cash at the counter and it went very well.

2 Likes
1 Like

I’ve never had any issuses with Natwest’s in branch experience including paying in cash. Just lined up and waited for the next free cashier. There was a lady walking the queue but as soon as I said I had these notes to pay in (paper) she was like fine I understand your reason for queuing.

I do wish that the mini-statements that you get at their ATMs showed the name of the item rather than just a code and the amount.

It’s been like that since day dot. Nationwide and Barclays have the same issue too, yet they have been through many hardware cycles on the ATM side.

I guess it must be software related and costs too much money/hassle to re-write whatever makes the statements appear on the receipts.

The comments aren’t very supportive :joy:

I couldn’t really work out how much time off they thought might be reasonable?

2 Likes

Interesting to see this finally arrive. Must be good for the 0.1% of the population who might actually benefit from it. (Maybe it’s higher, I made that statistic up)

EDIT: Ignore the first part, been around for some time

1 Like

Cheque deposit has been available for a long long time, unless you’re referencing the higher limits.

Edit - the earliest promotional material I can find is August 2021

Oh I’d forgotten that (I’ve not used NW for some time now) so fair does

2 Likes

They do have a new feature finally though, the ability to see your card details (including CVC) in app and the pin. No more having to find my card for buying something online

It uses the new biometrics they put in place for using your face. Shows the card details for 45 seconds before it vanishes again.

1 Like

So a few days after closing Flex, NatWest step up and say hey we can offer you our BNPL service :eyes::eyes:

Signed up, just to see how it works. Apparently my virtual card is on its way to me, it’ll show up tomorrow. Must have to post it to the internet fairy who then stuff it down a pipe and into my online banking app.

4 Likes

The virtual card ‘arrived’ in the virtual post.

Have used the card, just awaiting the transaction to go from pending to confirmed before it’ll actually show up.

2 Likes

The transaction has finally settled, this is how it’s displayed

2 Likes
5 Likes

No surprise and good to see. I think they’re one of the few banks who actually do what they say. If they had better easy access savers/offers I’d move back to them.

Meanwhile in HSBC land they’re probably increasing funding

1 Like
1 Like

The only good one imo is the digital regular saver, which is easy access. They just upped the interest rate to 6% but there’s a £150 pound limit per month. Although apparently rounds up can be paid into that account and it doesn’t count against the 150 limit. Which makes it marginally better than Chases round ups offering…

2 Likes