NatWest chat

I don’t bank with NatWest so I’m not sure, you’d need to check how they generally handle fx

NatWest are a strange bunch.

Applied through app, directed to web to apply, when the buy now pay later came out.

Declined, hard check made, referred me to CIFAS.

Got my cifas report, only dozens and Metro bank? showed up as searches, nothing else.

Never had a dealing with Metro, or ever applied. Strange.

Anyway, checked the NatWest application via the website instead and chose the option of used to be account holder, not new account.

Accepted with overdraft. :man_shrugging:t3:

They really don’t make the credit check part clear what so ever.

1 Like

Does it still ask all the intrusive questions about how much your property and car are worth as part of the “used to be a customer” application flow?

I thought this had been discontinued, interesting

1 Like

Na was quite straight forward.

I don’t own my home so it’s possible they were sourcing net worth kinda thing?

Maybe to offer more appropriate services?

3 Likes

In reference to the credit check bit I think someone else on here had the same issue and made a complaint and it was upheld?

1 Like

Yeah I’ll get on it once I have a day off :joy:

1 Like

Hello! :wave:

It was only upheld because I didn’t complete the application form but quit halfway, and they acknowledged that the expectation would be that you’re credit searched when you submit an application, not at some point halfway through a form.

If @Carlo1460 submitted the application he has no ground to stand on as the website very clearly says, in multiple places that they perform a credit search which “may impact your credit score” or wording to that effect:

https://supportcentre.natwest.com/913245962

https://www.natwest.com/global/how-we-use-your-information.html

4 Likes

So annoyingly NatWest take their systems offline every night for a period of time for maintenance etc etc.

I just gone to make a payment for something online, but can’t make that payment as my card is frozen. Can’t get onto the app to defrost it, due to said maintenance period :person_facepalming:

I mean I can make the payment tomorrow when I wake up, so it’s not a great issue. Just a minor annoyance that something so simple is out of bounds.

5 Likes

Interesting change

2 Likes

Branch closures imminent?

Still no bloody see pin in app option, one day maybe.

Tbf it’s only an issue with the new cards which I’ve still not been to an ATM to change the pin yet.

2 Likes

Hopefully, key missing feature for me (I never really use the card)

1 Like

I wrote mine down in Bitwarden cards feature, your pin should’ve change if you get a new card

1 Like

Let’s hope that bigot who found the Halifax pronouns on Twitter too much to handle didn’t move to NatWest!

9 Likes

That’ll set the gammons off, willing to bet they all want to close accounts over some fake outrage

2 Likes

That is the only reason I found out about it. Natwest was trending on twitter and it was mostly people complaining about this.

They seem to be wanting to boycott every bank nowadays. I wonder where they will be keeping their money once they have boycotted them all?

2 Likes

Wasn’t disappointed

One comment is… With other people’s money :rofl: clearly they don’t know how banks operate and make money

Imagine :sweat_smile::joy:

1 Like