NatWest chat

Oooh, Visa, I like! I’ll be applying today.

BLAST! I got to the end of the process only for it to error out and tell me to try again. I hope they haven’t hard checked me already…

1 Like

Looks very smart. Hopefully they’ll finally update the other card designs in Apple Wallet too!

1 Like

Worked the second time around. Soon as my DD clears, goodbye Yonder, you won’t be missed.

Just a bit of a shame that I couldn’t get the card from RBS.

1 Like

I was thinking the same. If you get a NatWest card but you bank with RBS do you get a whole separate login or can it be combined into the one app at least?

They’re separate banks so separate logins and separate apps. You can use open banking to display balances and transactions but not the entire thing.

1 Like

Ah that’s a bummer. I’m sure I was able to see my Halifax and Bank of Scotland accounts across the same app and login so I thought maybe there was a chance of closer integration here too

I cannot see my NatWest credit card in the RBS app, and vice verse for my RBS credit card as open banking only shows the current accounts.

1 Like

Open banking definitely works for the credit card now, I have it in the RBS app

1 Like

So it does, that’s new. It was changed fairly recently and everything needed relinking. My digital reg. savers seem to have vanished from the sister apps but not the end of the world.

Yes, shame that the DRS isn’t on OB.

That’s because they are the same bank. Halifax is just a trading name for Bank of Scotland. They share the same banking licence.

RBS and NatWest are registered as separate banks, even though they are both part of the NatWest Group.

1 Like

Applied for a credit limit increase with NatWest, and was given a very small token one.
Would it therefore be sensible to wait some time before applying for the travel card do you think please?
Wondered about filling out the eligibility checker, but also don’t want to trigger some kind of concern on my account with CL increase and application on the same day.

If they haven’t given you a big increase then you may be near their lending limit. Does NatWest allow product changes?

1 Like

From experience doing an account switch to NatWest, starting out with a balance transfer card with a £1.8k limit, tried to increase to £3k and was rejected. A few weeks later applied for their purchase credit card and was accepted with an £8k limit

1 Like

I’ve had a similar experience. They rejected a request for an increase (didn’t even perform the search I permitted them to perform), but approved me for another card with a higher limit than the increase I asked for.

2 Likes

Re: product changes, I asked about this on live chat (I already had a “The NatWest Credit Card”) and they said to apply for it the usual way. So I don’t think changing is an option. They gave me the same credit limit as the first card which seemed a bit mad to me. (I’m in no danger, just accumulated a lot of credit limit across cards – I need to close some!)

I received the physical card today. Where my other NatWest cards came looking a bit faded to me, this has a noticeably richer/darker purple background.

One thing I find peculiar is none of these NatWest cards actually say “NatWest” anywhere on them (front or back).

5 Likes

Unusable! It has the wrong notch!

1 Like

Thanks all - I can vouch now for this re-apply rather than requesting a limit increase. Seems odd as surely it would cost them more to process an application and post out the card, so it would be sensible to just allow a limit increase! Anyway :man_shrugging:t2:, could vary from person to person

2 Likes