Nationwide chat

This makes sense.

I’d wage a nice bet that he cut them short himself after getting bored of waiting on hold

5 Likes

Yeah I read it more he hung up not wanting to wait.

2 Likes
1 Like

Finally got the option to set up biometrics so that I don’t need to use the card reader.

1 Like

I must be one of the few people that likes the card reader, makes me feel that the account is more secure somehow.

3 Likes

Just got my £200 for Switching

Very nice!

1 Like

Can now log into online banking via an app notification, as well as existing methods.

2 Likes

This didn’t appear for me earlier today, wanted to close my savings account and only got passcode and text.

Notification comes pretty quick, with vibration.

Fairly responsive too.

1 Like

You’d think money in/out notifications must be somewhere if they can do all these.

3 Likes

I’m thinking of switching from Metrobank to nationwide and collect the £200 switching bonus. Something is stopping me and I’m not sure why.

The challenge isn’t sending a notification, it’s probably integrating some 40 year old legacy codebase into a brand new app, the online banking page Carlo’s on there and the app are might be using the same backend service, meaning they could implement that a lot easier than payment notifications

And once they launch them, they need to actually be reliable unlike FD

fd been reliable for me :eyes:

Couldn’t be any worse the LBG - hours late, and silent.

1 Like

True, don’t have any first hand experience with FD so can’t really comment

and yeah LBG with the you got paid notification after the bills already took half of it 8 hours ago :joy:

3 Likes

My biggest frustration with nationwide is references. I don’t get why they don’t have the option to display them, even if it’s for an individual transaction.

They spent all that time and money on refreshing the app and neglected something key like this.

4 Likes

It is baffling how much profit they make and the last thing they consider is bring their app to a competitive level.

Though with switching numbers they seem content with how everything works in its current form.

2 Likes

Look at the switching numbers. Their new customers value £200 far more than a better functioning App! The irony is that their core systems are better (simpler and more modern) than most - so the investment needed would be modest (relatively).

1 Like

How many switchers were there 22/23?

They have 16 million current account customers, and if only a few hundred thousand of those were switchers, it says people, and Nationwide, are content in remaining with the current app and form.

Other than notifications the nationwide is easily good enough already, and they are still making upgrades

They’re going for the FD simplistic ideal imo, maybe even targeting “simpler” - their customers want simple over features

1 Like

The fact that Nationwide doesn’t show payment references at all is just nuts! Nowadays people send money to others more frequently than in the past so references can show what payments were for. This is one of the main reasons why Nationwide is not my main bank account.

5 Likes