Nationwide chat

I agree, I don’t really like the style. It doesn’t feel like the type of bank Nationwide portrays itself as. I preferred the poetry ones they had a couple of years ago.

2 Likes

When they ran those I thought anything would be better than them, but I was clearly wrong.

3 Likes

If you told me those poetry adverts and these new ones were from the same bank/building society, I wouldn’t believe you. The new ones feel like ones that The Apprentice would come up with where they try to be humourous, but end up insulting their audience. They just don’t feel right when watching them.

2 Likes

It’ll also come back to bite when they close branches.

5 Likes

So many people already comment on their posts saying “but you closed our branch x months ago”. The promise doesn’t state they won’t close branches, despite their advert stating they don’t close branches unlike other banks. I can 100% see why Santander complained about that advert.

2 Likes

Yeah exactly. The poetry may have been cheesy but it came across as pleasant, friendly and endearing. The new ones just sound arrogant.

I’m pretty sure they only guaranteed it for the next 5 years or something when they last made a commitment to branches. Even after spending money on rebranding them, I would be surprised if they all remain open when the current pledge expires.

3 Likes

You need Premium bonds dude, Premium bonds!

1 Like

Withdrew all but a nominal sum last week. I kept a couple grand in it for the last 6 months, but since I never win anything (even when I had 5 figures in) I decided it’s not worth it.

1 Like

Huh, I guess i’m lucky, had them since I was born. I win at least £25 every few months, sometimes more. yes there’s a couple months I don’t win anything

1 Like

Would mean more to me if they just said we have a savings account and an ISA, and we give you the best rate we can all the time. Who really wants to be switching savings accounts when they get a notification of a new product

1 Like

I finally recieved the update on Android; overall I find it a big improvement. I finally don’t need a card reader for a £6 payment anymore!

I dislike how large the accounts are on the home screen as many others have said but love that pending transactions are on the same screen as processed now and the “available” balance is now the one featured.

2 Likes

It seems having a card reader is a must to be able to not use the card reader. I don’t have one and it seems silly.

It’s why I ordered a new one. No idea where my old one is (alhough I don’t even have the new app yet, and may end up switching away beforehand. Really don’t care too much for Nationwide anymore). Once the Start to Save draw results are in, I’ll close that savings account and probably the current account as well.