Name on card?

@Naji / @Zainab since this post :arrow_down: basically confirms that the debit cards will have user’s names on them, could we please get ‘official’ confirmation?

@alexs We haven’t made final decision on this yet, so can’t confirm either way. Once we have decided, I’ll be sure to update, I expect in the next week or two :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Any chance we can have the option or a card with a name or one without?

1 Like

I guess in the future we will also have Apple/Android/Samsung Pay, which will not let the merchant see your name and the card for places which don’t accept contact-less payments.

My friend paid a fuel surcharge when he returned his hire car with an empty tank last week. He paid with Apple Pay and they insisted he show a debit or credit card with proof of his name on :joy:

That’s just ridiculous.

2 Likes

With two Monzo cards in a group at a restaurant table I recently had to resort to checking the 3 digit code on the back to make sure I got my card back after someone pushed a plate across causing the cards to be mixed up.

I think in the long run names on is probably better, even if it causes a slightly longer delivery time.

3 Likes

I see what you mean, but probably would be less of a problem (and more definitive method too) to check signature on the back. I assume cards were not signed? :smiley:

1 Like

I never sign them, it rubs off after a month anyway.

To be completely honest I fail to see the point in the signature strip at all. Even when you used to sign for transactions nobody ever checked your signature with the one on the card.

Edit:

Since the debit cards will have names my problem is solved.

That’s exactly what I do as well.