Name Change

Hi there,

I am trying to work out how to take my middle name off my account?

I have been informed by a credit agency that having my middle name could be affecting my credit negatively due to my other financial accounts not having my middle name on.

Can you help me please?

Many Thanks
Hayley

Hey Hayley,

You can search ‘Help’ (bottom-right tab) for ‘change name’ and select ‘Change Legal Name’. That should give you a button to get in touch with someone at Monzo. Explain as much as you can in your first message and they’ll get back to you as soon as they can.

2 Likes

That’s not true. I got my middle name in some accounts and in some others not, and my report is fine.

5 Likes

Yep, credit agencies will link the names together to a single identity. I dropped the use of my middle names the last time I renewed my passport, and my accounts that use differing variations of my name still appear on my credit files. In my experience, this has zero negative impact on your credit. Though I do suspect there are situations where certain name changes could raise some red flags with credit issuers, but this wouldn’t usually apply to something as innocent as dropping or resuming the use of your middle name.

1 Like

Have you tried credit karma to see if there’s anything you might be missing?

1 Like

I have been using Credit Karma who are good. It was flagged by another agency that my Monzo and another credit file had my middle name so thought I would just change it so all my financial accounts are inline.

Thanks for your help.

Good to know. It was flagged by a credit agency that my Monzo and another credit file had my middle name so thought I would just change it so all my financial accounts are inline.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Thanks for the help info, I will logon and try and get in touch with someone now.

Cheers @redshift

@redshift I can’t seem to find where I can do the online chat and when I called (again) it sent me a link on the app for “legal name change” and when I clicked through it said “There was a problem”. Do you know a way I can get to chat to an advisor directly in the app?

Thanks
Hayley

If you search “contact” then you should be able to find the chat

1 Like

Search exactly that in the help section and it will give you instructions on what to do :slight_smile:

1 Like

As others have said here, inconsistent use of your middle name shouldn’t really be effecting your credit score, however I have went through the same proccess of removing mine from all things official.

The easiest way to do this is simply remove your middle name via deed poll, this is free and is a document you create yourself (witnessed by two people) saying you give up your previous name, you can generate this document here: https://freedeedpoll.org.uk/

Many companies will require proof of your name change, and this can act as it. Without this document I have had inconsistent results.

1 Like

@Revels I’m on. Thanks so much for your help.
Cheers
Hayley

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.