N26 Discussion

Yeah they’ve got LOADS of ad space on the tube. Really pushing the marketing spend right now.

Shame the app at the moment doesn’t quite do enough to move me away from any where else.

1 Like

Apple pay coming early 2019, so not tomorrow.

Oh dear. When N26 says early ‘any year’ they usually mean 12 months later.

2 Likes

in Europe they charge€9.90 for metal, but UK customers pay £14.90, and can’t even accept BACs payments or have SO and DD yet so what the hell am I paying that for

2 Likes

A notable absentee since the price launched :wink:

6 Likes

I requested an update to the name displayed on my account and I’m still waiting for N26 a week later.

I don’t think that’s right. I believe you may be thinking of the Black account.

1 Like

The metal partner deals don’t seem to be that exclusive? I looked at the IHG one and it’s the same offer anyone with a mastercard is entitled to.

10% off at hotels.com but only for participating independents and local chain hotels. You can get 10% from TCB.

Suits, wine, dry cleaning. Hmmm.

1 Like

They actually have different pricing tiers for different countries. Here in Portugal it’s 6.90 for the Black card. Maybe others such as Revolut should learn from that, and adapt for the competition that exists in the different markets. For 75 Euros a year I can get an amex platinum card with 3% cashback and points on top of it, so all those fintechs paid plans are ridiculous. And by the way, that’s by far the most expensive card or bank account that exists here

1 Like

Just enquires about the Metal card, if you were to get it now, you will need to wait up to 3 weeks for it to be delivered…

When I was in Paris, N26 were really spamming those billboard ads on the Metro, guaranteed at least 2 on each line

That’s some serious €€€€€€ going on marketing!

I went on chat yesterday…they said 5 working days for delivery and first 2 months free

I have just asked on chat and they said 3 weeks for delivery.

I haven’t tried N26 as I’m already satisfied with Monzo, and I see no need to open additional bank accounts at the moment.

Although if I were in the market for a new bank account, I have a feeling the amount of adverts I’ve seen would put me off. I have nothing against marketing, but the volume which they are advertising at seems suspicious to me.

2 Likes

They certainly arent marketing as heavily as the incumbents Lloyds, Barclays, HSBC etc. so is every bank suspicious?

1 Like

As a consumer, too much advertising of any product or service can put me off a little.

When it comes to choosing a new product/service, I almost always avoid those that have been advertised like crazy. It’s a personal thing, and everyone’s bound to have different opinions, but I can put more trust in a company which I’ve heard of through word-of-mouth from existing customers rather than directly from the company.

2 Likes

I’ve just seen in the press that N26 have launched a premium metal card. I have to say this looks very swish.
Would Monzo ever be up for trying a Premium Product like a metal card, or an account which includes some sort of benefits?

I’ve seen it’s costing the customer £14/month.

No thanks.

6 Likes

It’s currently not worth it for me. But dang I like metal cards.

2 Likes

Me too! It’s very Amex Centurion.