N26 Feedback

(Jordan Taylor) #1016

I had tyre marks too. I think it came from the Stoke depot iirc.

(Graham - Mental health professional) #1017

Hmm, interesting. Do you have access to a database of tyre marks cross referenced with postal depots? :grinning:

Well impressed, Mr Holmes…

Had it confirmed by Connor at N26 CS today that you cannot amend Category for a transaction once it’s posted, in “first UK version”.

Means that it is not as useful to me as Monzo is, in that respect.

Not a major issue for me as just messing with it. Monzo is my main account.

(Nick) #1019

So far the main thing I like about N26 is the card. It’s a novelty to be able to see the RFID loop as you touch it to a machine.

Everything else… Monzo does the same or better for me.

Need to check my balance to make sure I can cover the payment before using the card? Monzo does this at a touch. N26 has added friction. Initially, password. Then found I could set a pattern, so set the simplest one I could. Still a layer of friction, though - and apparently I’ll have to reset it periodically also.

Spending alerts. Monzo alerts when I use my card are clear and simple. N26 are verbose and, for want of a better word, Germanic. Advantage: Monzo.

Analysis. I can find the spending tab on Monzo easily and see what my spending is like at a glance. While I can equally see what my spending is like at a glance with N26, finding the equivalent page is a bit more difficult; have to go through some not entirely obvious menu options to find ‘Statistics’.

Can’t say I’m blown away by N26 yet. I’ll surely keep the account open, if for no other reason than to avoid the ridiculous 10-year ban. But may be a while yet before I actually find a use case for making use of it instead of Monzo. In theory if there’s something I want to ringfence spending on I could boot the cash over to N26 for that, but in practice I’ve not yet run into any ringfencing that can’t be solved by using Monzo pots.

It’s not a major issue anyways. Lots of normal functionality should be done by end of December including direct debits :eyes:

Huge numbers of people all through Europe have been asking for Maestro cards and they haven’t done it. They have been offering the exact same functionality in their euro account since the end of 2016 except for the “spaces” feature

N26 is going on marketing spree it seems but it can be a bit of gamble IMO because what they offer is not really a current account at the moment. No Direct Debits, Standing Orders etc…
I think they should have launched with basic current account features or should have waited until these are available because new users signing up might feel disappointed

(Andre Borie) #1023

Even more stupid than Monzo’s approach of putting up lots of tube ads when their CS is already overloaded. :roll_eyes:

Is it just me or is this ridiculous? I’ve emailed them multiple times and nothing :joy:

It’s like I’m some fraudster - do they know something I don’t?!

(Valeri) #1025

Don’t want to stress you out but they might not be allowed to give you more information in certain cases by like law. :man_shrugging:

I’d open free accounts with Experian, Noddle and ClearScore and double check all available data on your credit files is correct including bank accounts, addresses and telecom / lender accounts.

(Adam) #1026

They really are pushing this. I’m sick of seeing it ‘promoted’ in my Twitter feed. Like @SC95 said it’s a gamble when it’s incredibly basic at the moment. I’ve no interest in this personally. I have Monzo as my main account and Starling as backup. The card looks kinda cool but that’s it.

I already have accounts with all of them. I’ve accounts with many of the ‘big’ banks and most of the fintechs.

Having read Trust Pilot (https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/n26.com) it seems I’m not alone.

Tbh, I’m not even bothered about the account it’s the dreadful customer service.

N26 aren’t running credit checks though are they? as they’re not offering credit at the moment. Therefore, it can only possibly be an issue with the id/verification process.

This is true.

(Steve) #1030

Finally got chance to properly assess N26 and I’ve got to say I think the interface is really good. I love the drag and drop feature from your main account to your savings.

I’m really intrigued to see where it goes from here!

(Nick) #1031

I’m increasingly of the opinion that N26 launched when it did because they already had the advertising and marketing lined up. Seems mad otherwise, and would also explain why they went from beta to public launch in no time at all.

Country coordinator/manager said that they opened it up to the public as they needed a large amount of people testing and giving feedback on what they want (via his personal Twitter in a reply to someone)

(Nick) #1033

Smells like a company line rather than an actual truth to me. They needed a large amount of people, even though they hadn’t finished working through signing up people from the beta list? Colour me skeptical. Feedback? They don’t make it easy, no forum, and I haven’t had any surveys from them. Both ways other than wide release that would increase feedback.

And there’s the advertising. Why would you advertised an unfinished product to such an extent? I find it hard to believe anyone said post-launch “Well, this is going well. Let’s advertise!”
Strikes me as more credible that at some point, someone said “We’ll have the product built by {date}, beta it for a few months from {date}, and it should be ready for public launch around {date range}. {Date} at the latest.” Followed by someone else saying “Are you sure it’ll be ready? Alright, we’ll put together our marketing strategy and book the ads.”

I’ve no proof, granted, but even if I’m well off the mark above, I’m sure there’s something that has ‘forced’ them to do all this - release, advertise - before they’re ready.

Why, we wasn’t sure if people would want basic functionality?

:man_shrugging: I went on what the guy said