N26 Discussion

Or in my case, leave a tyre print on it …:flushed:

7 Likes

If the card survived then it’s a good test!

6 Likes

I’m not sure what your point is.

If N26 think in 2018 it’s OK to align with some sort of ‘normal procedure’ then, as I said, they’ll have a difficult time convincing customers to switch. There’s a new bar raised with instant debit card deployment to Apple/Google Pay and if HSBC, a bank infamous for its slow method of working, can get me, a brand new customer, a debit card in two days I’m certain “10 days normal procedure” isn’t going to cut it.

5 Likes

I had a card sent from Ireland in three days but the PIN number took 2 weeks to come

Verified account last Monday 19.11. Still no card… no tracking information

1 Like

Had a lot of accounts…
Lloyd’s 1-2 days
Barclays debit card - 10 minutes in branch or 1-2 days by post
Monzo - 1-2 days
Barclays credit card - 3 weeks
Nationwide - 5 days
NatWest - 7 days

3 Likes

Contact them, once I did that they provided me with a UPS tracking number… should arrive today…

Contacted them today. They were unable to provide tracking information - just “should be with you today if not contact us for a replacement”

They’ve refused me an account without telling me why and are ignoring emails…

Bizarre if you ask me

They’re not a new bank. They’ve been sending out cards to all different European countries for a couple of years, longer than both Starling and Monzo.

If you read my posts I’ve never placed any kind of expectation on N26, but conversely they’ve not managed my expectation in the slightest; there has been absolutely no communication. At all.

My point has always been, as a new brand in the UK, N26 has to work harder than incumbents to win trust and customers, and people thinking its OK to spend ten days waiting for a debit card in the C21st are kidding themselves.

3 Likes

I think all the players are very guilty of this - Monzo, Starling and N26.

It’s arguably the most important thing to manage, especially from the forum perspective (with rabid users waiting on every word and reading into every tweet).

Monzo and Starling have historically been poor with managing expectations - N26 are following suit it would appear!

I don’t think we’ll really get an idea of how N26 will do until mid next year at the earliest.

As far as my expectations go… They are now much lower than previously!

UPS have lost my existing card, so they have ordered me a new one! :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Is this tongue-in-cheek, or your true assessment of their strategy?

2 Likes

Not that it matters, but I wonder where they’ve factored in the whole card mailing thing to their marketing campaign. Novel, to say the least. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Wow! Received my card today…
No comments

2 Likes

Be careful you might reveal your card number!!!

2 Likes

I don’t want to try this bank anymore :man_facepalming:t2:

3 Likes

Mine looked the same!!!

1 Like

Same truck, then. :grinning:

1 Like

UPS sent me an email saying that I was due to receive the card, and I was able to “sign” for it online, so the courier could just post it through the letter box with no actual signature.

That worked a treat - my card arrived today.

And I really like it! It’s soooo much nicer than monzo’s garish colour with now faded print.

Yep… their card looks better than envelope :point_up_2:t2:
Perfect quality.