N26 Discussion

Not so common in Edinburgh (yet)… might just be a ‘updated by the card machine company when the machine dies’ (the card machine in my work does… but it dies on a regular basis)

Yes, I had to educate the local tyre place - 4 tyres on Apple Pay, job’s a carrot!

Funny that you say tyre shop :joy: I also got tyres last week and paid with Google Pay. Only 2 though.

1 Like

Apparently come Jan 1st all retailers are obliged to accept Apple Pay/Google Pay for any transaction limit, the same as they would for Chip+PIN :+1:

2 Likes

Exciting, do you have a source on this? Can’t find any CDCVM news after searching quickly.

2 Likes

Quoting @Rika from this thread :point_down:

3 Likes

Well had to speak to their support today… have to say… fast response and good result.

UPS couldn’t deliver my card (I reckon too lazy to walk up to the top floor of my building) and delivered the card to a UPS pick up point way out of my way.

Couldn’t get there until yesterday and UPS had taken the card back to Germany.

Quick chat with support… new card winging it’s way and they are unsure why UPS took to a pick up point in the first place.

3 Likes

In most countries you get 15€ per referral

There isn’t such a thing as an Apple Pay configured terminal. They are all just using the newest version of MasterCards/Visas/Amex etc. contactless specification which includes CDCVM.

1 Like

Very few merchants limit Apple Pay to £30 so you could do £1000 for an iPhone or iPad or even a tv in certain retailers depends if your bank queries the transaction when large

N26 in uk launching metal with three card colours and two months free of monthly charge on 17 December 2018 but all the basics that monzo have still to be launched

I’d imagine that Apple Pay will be next tuesday, apple pay releases are usually on Tuesday.

Their German accounts got access this past Tuesday, so I think UK will be next week as they told me it’s “very soon”. Quite liking N26 so far, hopefully the new features will make it better, but we’ll see.

2 Likes

Wonder what other features other than a Metal card their premium/metal tier will include. You can’t do Direct Debits on it yet, can you?

Going by their website… dedicated customer support and partner offerings…

Presumably there’s more…

Edit:

Apparently you get travel insurance…https://n26.com/en-gb/legal-documents/metal

1 Like

What basics? Like direct debit?

1 Like

So I’ve used a different ID and I’ve been accepted after being unable to open an account due to ‘legal requirements’

Annoying that you have to make an ATM withdraw to activate card

No direct debits standing orders no payees no nothing yet

1 Like

I just did a balance check, which seemed to be sufficient :+1:

3 Likes

Ah ok that’s good to know

I’m not thinking much of N26 as it is. Can only really move money into spaces and make transactions. Am I missing something??