N26 Discussion

N26 really push the metal card in their ads

Well I requested account closure yesterday evening around 8 and this morning it’s been done around 7.30. They’re surprisingly efficient when it comes to processing closure requests…

I’m also curious why I can only request my data for 6 months when they have to hold on to it for years

Maybe they get so many?

1 Like

Just had this email from them lol

I’ve just started this ridiculous process of closing my account, really not happy with N26

1 Like

How is it ridiculous? It’s one email and your account is closed.

I wasn’t really happy with their general banking offer but closing the account was quick enough and required minimal effort.

2 Likes

N26 just released an update comes with a new feature MoneyBeam

Haven’t they had that for a very long time already?

Not in the UK app

1 Like

I sent an application for an N26 account three weeks ago, the app said “we’re checking your documents, it can take up to five working days”. Nothing has happened. I’ve just sent my request to close the whole thing, what a joke.

1 Like

I had a similar experience to you. Took almost two weeks to get the account opened, by which point they’d lost me as a customer. Closed my account shortly afterwards.

If it had been an all-singing, all-dancing challenger to the big two (you know who I mean) UK challenger banks, I may have kept it open. But it wasn’t :man_shrugging:t2:

I agree.

I think there’s serious lessons to be learned by Starling/Monzo etc with just how bad N26 was when it launched into a new territory with next to none of its existing features.

3 Likes

Today I got a survey asking my opinions on N26 since I haven’t used them in a while.

And we shouldn’t forget the extraordinarily long run-up to the launch and the accompanying hype. Many a mouth was watering, as I recall :smirk:

2 Likes

Three weeks is nothing.

It turns out N26 doesn’t play nicely with my phone camera - all the images are a mess - so I’ve been sick at the “upload your ID” stage for a long, long while… Just can’t be bothered to work out how to cancel the whole thing

Interesting…

1 Like

Eventually, you’ll be able to share a Space with other people so that you can save money and spend money together. It’ll work “like a WhatsApp group,” Stalf said.

Looks like Shared Pots are coming to N26 too.

Anyone managed to set up a direct debit on their N26 account yet?

Maybe Monzo can get further information on this to help with their cards??