N26 Discussion

Yeah. I’ve replied to them about it asking for an explanation but have not had a reply yet in over a week.

I really should just close the account - I don’t use it and it’s really not very good but I don’t know why I’m hesitant to do that.

I personally think when companies stop replying or being slow it’s normally time to quit them

Another issue I’ve got with N26, debit card refunds, quietly go back onto the account. No notification, nothing, just adds to the balance like the transaction never happened 5-10 days later.

I’ve noticed Monzo add the refunds normally same day or next few days at most with a notification.

2 Likes

Looks like N26 have found a country manager for the UK, and that they’re growing a dedicated UK team:

I have had a N26 account since it launched in the UK but it has had no major updates and I cant see me moving from Monzo anytime soon.

Does having multiple banks open affect my credit rating?

Murky subject… Yes and no is the answer.

Right now, N26 doesn’t report to any credit agency, so it’s not affecting your credit rating.

As soon as they do, it’ll show on one or more of the 3 credit agencies (CRA’s).

If you aren’t going to use it, I’d probably close it down now.

I will get it closed down just to be safe then.

I just didn’t want to close it down, then a month late N26 bring out new features and for me to have a cooling off period and unable to apply again.

Thanks for your response.

Impossible to know what they’ll bring out, but so far, they are a long way from Starling and Monzo, so I don’t think you’d be missing out on anything!

1 Like

Closed mine today. Feels good. Cause otherwise I’d forget about it. And they might have a security breach and like get me overdrawn or something.

Same. And will get £175 from Natwest for it. I won’t complain…

Were you able to CASS your N26 account? I didn’t think they supported it yet.

So far Natwest haven’t said anything. That was a few days back.

If they don’t, I won’t exactly be annoyed or anything. I’d have closed it regardless.

Natwest say:

Before we start the switch, we’ll check that your old account is able to be switched using the Current Account Switch Service – 99% of UK current accounts are eligible to use the service. If your current account isn’t eligible, we can still organise the switch for you. It’ll just take a little longer.

So it sounds like so long as I close the account someway I’ll be ‘switched’.

1 Like

I am because they won’t let you open another one for 6 years - so I just keep it for when I need a foreign cash withdrawal boost

It’ll be using the old manual process - I think they N26 have to support it so it should be fine. No payment redirection, but probably wouldn’t be an issue seeing as no one seems to be using their UK accounts.

I’m not using it at all - literally just wanting the cash from Natwest!

I’d be surprised if you get a switching bonus from NatWest by transferring an N26 account. The process won’t go through CASS, which is a key condition for the bonus. But good luck anyway and let us know if it does work out.

What do you mean by foreign withdrawal boost? They charge 1.7% on non-gbp cash withdrawals. I guess it’s less than monzo’s 3% when over the allowance. But I just use allowances with monzo, Revolut, and TransferWise.

I swear they had a £200 allowance at some point. Or I must have been dreaming

Now there’s literally no point to keep my account open

Nope. I called and they said it’s fine if it’s not CASS, they just do it the manual way and contact them themselves.

It’s nothing really with the switching service, just about getting us to close other accounts.

If you see above I posted the conditions which do also state that if the account is not eligible for CASS that’s fine it just takes longer.

1 Like