N26 Discussion

They just launched in November, it took Monzo and Starling several months until they supported CASS.

1 Like

If you were lacking basic services and functionality though it would definitely be the last thing you built!

2 Likes

True, maybe I’m being a little cynical then.That is an absolute pain to close your account so you don’t and then N26 can claim its a live current account… for stats

2 Likes

Don’t think they’d need to do that.
Excluding those who are fintech early adopters, those signed up currently seem to be happy to wait until the product matures, if their Twitter feed is anything to go by.

I was judging by the anger on here.Especially after the N26 metal issues

Absolutely, but we need to remember that this community doesn’t represent the average population who aren’t as engaged in fintech as we are. We have the privilege of having been spoiled by the likes of Monzo and Starling.

2 Likes

True also I think if I was in Germany and needed to deposit cash I would N26 as you can deposit in supermarkets

1 Like

Important to remember that without CASS people who aren’t as interested in Fintech aren’t likely to switch.

You’d probably give your secondary account a bit more time and leeway to develop then you’d give your primary account.

1 Like

To be honest, I’m not sure.
Most people I know (even those using a fintech account as their primary account) don’t see the need to use CASS, they’ll just keep their accounts open and move stuff over manually. Also, if you look at the switching stats, you’ll see that they are tiny compared to the proportion of account holders.

I used CASS to close a legacy halifax account as otherwise it would have been an absolute pain to do :joy:

3 Likes

I closed a 20 year old Halifax account that way too :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, it’s a brilliant way to close dormant accounts.

3 Likes

It was a “go in store and close” kind of deal and I was like nope. Does anyone actually use N26 at the moment?

I still use RBS as my main account and have been using N26 and Monzo on an off as spending accounts. If I go full Monzo, I would probably switch to N26 as my spending account. Then again, I may use Starling as my main account and Monzo as spending. The choices we have today!

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to convince my wife to do this with a HSBC ISA account. It has 4p in it.

HSBC won’t do anything less she goes into branch, but I suspect a ISA Transfer would go through?

Potentially, I’d try and see what happens.

1 Like

yeah I use Monzo for spending although I think I’ll move towards dozens but stay away from n26 as they seem confused

1 Like

If you were in Germany you would have other banks that let you deposit cash at ATMs :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Is that legacy banks or fintechs as well?

Legacy banks