N26 Discussion

9 Likes

Yet that hardly feels worth the fee, does it?
In fact in what sense can “Spaces” be regarded as anything other than a feature. Hardly a benefit worth paying for.

7 Likes

Yeah fair point! I always forget about Starling!

It isn’t even a World Elite Mastercard like the same product they offer in the rest of Europe.

Apparently it takes them upto eight weeks to close an account.

8 weeks - :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

My account is still active. Asked them to close my account twice… since November

They’ve just closed mine. Took 4 weeks.

There’s no current account switch either, so you can’t just do that to get rid of them.

I wouldn’t recommend them at all. What kind of staffing level have they got, or what systems and processes are in place that take months. More to the point what does it say about what they think is a reasonable timescale to deal with minor things, imagine if you had more complicated issue.

Starting to realise why ‘coming soon to the UK’ took the best part of a year and why the card took weeks to arrive.

1 Like

Just took a flick back through this thread. Heralding the much publicised launch into the UK market, many were anticipating something slick and innovative - a reality check for those two upstarts Monzo and Starling. What a disappointment…!

A frustratingly delayed launch was followed by an underwhelming, stripped-down offering with every indication that the product has not taken note of its target market - the UK. The best anyone had been able to see, it seems, is that the app looks clean and minimalist.

All this - and now an attempt to develop a funding stream with the introduction of a basic feature - “spaces” or “Pots”. That move alone says N26 hasn’t looked seriously at its UK competition.

…and we had such high hopes…

11 Likes

I thought I would update the thread to say N26 has now removed my hard credit check, converting it to a soft credit check.

8 Likes
3 Likes

Nice. I just enabled it, and verified through the app. Seamless.

3 Likes

Nice… they seem like they are working hard to bring features every week :slight_smile:

1 Like

hoping they bring standing orders in soon

1 Like

After running out of confidence with N26, I did put in a dispute with Experian about three weeks ago.

They’ve now responded and have agreed to remove the search.

That’s very reassuring, I had the same hard search and contacted Experian about it. I’ve only just had the response that they’ve sent it to N26 for review.

Haven’t N26 had all the hard searches converted to soft searches? They have in my case and in lots of other examples I’ve read about.

3 Likes

Yes, N26 converted mine a week or so ago.

https://community.monzo.com/t/n26-discussion-feedback/29031/1729?u=chapuys

2 Likes

Yes, they did so in my case (I didn’t bother contacting them about it initially since many people already raised the issue, so I would have expected this to be resolved for anyone affected).

2 Likes

I gave it a try but ultimately came away disappointed.

It was hard to get full information about the product before you signed up, I now know that the German side of the bank is well advanced upon the UK side. Therefore no Apple pay. When I asked about Apple pay the person on the other side of the app was quite blunt. The app is ok but prefer Monzo. The card, despite looking good in images is poor in the flesh.

Then when I said I would just like to close the account I got a short email back with a form to fill in saying that if I continue to leave my account that I will NEVER be allowed back. Wow.

Not for me.

1 Like