N26 Discussion

My account is still open…
Today received an email from them

Really weird they ask for this. Just seems like another bit of data for someone to get careless with or be stolen.

I asked them after I got a similar email and they insisted they were legally required to ask but also stated I wasn’t required to provide it.

I got rid of them.

1 Like

Funny they say you aren’t required to provide it. If I remember correctly their email asking for it clearly threatens that you have to give it. I signed up to the account with my Portuguese ID card, which has the tax ID printed on it and they sent the email asking for it anyway

I think that you aren’t required to provide it in the sense that it’s not a legal requirement for the customer per-se, but the account will be closed if you don’t provide it.

Yeah no great loss then. I’ll just use every single other bank that doesn’t need this.

6 Likes

Since no one has mentioned it…

Don’t rush now everyone… seriously… don’t rush… (sarcasm right here :wink: )

1 Like

Open an N26 account or upgrade to get N26 Black and make traveller’s cheques a thing of the past.

Excellent selling point right there :rofl:

4 Likes

Yup and those 10 spaces… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I get the feeling they haven’t looked at their UK alternatives…

that black card is looking appealling right now, I would pay for something similar or better on Monzo for the £4.90mo

Open an N26 account or upgrade to get N26 Black and make traveller’s cheques a thing of the past.

Like they have been for, um, the last 20 years already :joy:

2 Likes

I’m in my 20s and have never even seen one :crazy_face: I wonder if N26 are targeting a different demographic with Black?

1 Like

I’m on my 40s and I’ve never seen one. Have been travelling since the mid–nineties and have always used debit and credit cards, even when using an emergency cash facility in a bank branch in Ecuador.

1 Like

At last - I can get shot of my travellers cheques. Sign me up…:grin::joy::rofl:

2 Likes

I believe it’s more down to N26. I was told 11 days when I called the metal card support team, in regards to a failed pre auto transaction by bye cinemas. Though it did come back around the 8th day.

1 Like

I’ve just added my card to Paypal. They did a £1 check. Im interested to see how long this one takes…

Looks like Black is now launched.

Edit: whoops! Mentioned above!

1 Like

I also just got the Black email…

So the only real benefit vs Monzo is no limit on ATM transactions.

If you take out more than £365 per month in foreign ATMs, then N26 Black is cheaper than Monzo per month.

3 Likes

But then you have to put up with… well, N26 :grimacing::man_shrugging:t2:

Moot anyway, as long as Starling is free, surely?

9 Likes

I think you’re all forgetting that paying lets you create up to 10 spaces.

4 Likes