N26 Discussion

Well, you also get a metal card, travel insurance and purchase protection that all come with the metal subscription. Personally don’t see the value for myself, but if you are someone who could benefit from the WeWork offer, plus making use of the travel insurance, the offer might not look bad at all.

The purchase protection was the only thing that i’d find useful however it explicitly states in the metal T&C’s that it does not cover smartphones!

The one device we all carry that you would need covered they exclude,pants really.

Wait what?!

You’re throwing £15 a month away?

Sorry I see no logic here.

3 Likes

A lot of countries have a limit of 5 transactions and for the sixth you have to insert the PIN. As N26 is a German bank it’s expected that they follow German law when it comes to that sort of stuff

Isnt the travel insurance the same you get with their black subscription?

That’s interesting…never knew that

1 Like

Not sure, Black isn’t available in the UK yet.

Email today from N26 asking for tax ID

Seems legit, but are you all getting them?

Not even sure what mine would be given I’ve always been PAYE

Bit odd that N26 are asking for that…

Nothing here from them…

1 Like

If you don’t give them a tax ID when signing up, they’ll email you requesting it, it’s legit. If you don’t provide one they’ll restrict your account

1 Like

Thanks. Can see the option to fill in, but there guidance of the value to use is not great - only specific about Germany

pdfviewer

1 Like

Thanks again. Really appreciated. I’ll go with my National Insurance Number then as know that. Never done a tax return, so don’t have the other number

2 Likes

I added my N26 card to my Amazon account and Amazon did a £1 card check which has taken 11 days to return to the card. Is that slow process down to Amazon or N26?

Think it was about that long on my credit card so probably more down to amazon

2 Likes

Did they actually taken the money then refund it? I thought they usually just did a pre-auth?

1 Like

Indeed, normally just a pending auth that is then reversed when the merchant doesn’t finalise the payment (usually done in just over 7 days).

It’s shown up on my N26 as a debit and then a credit 11 days later. It doesn’t look like a pre-auth I dont think.
Clipboard01

Checked my last Amazon pre-auth. Pending on 19 November, not reversed until 20 December!

2 Likes

That’s a long wait! I hope Amazon never venture into “Pay At Pump”!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes