N26 Discussion

What the heck is a Schufa rating?

It’s now just dire how bad N26 are at operating in an environment outside mainland Europe. It’s almost embarrassing.

PS. I’ve had no responses yet.

2 Likes

I’m unable to close my account with them :rage:
Asked them to close my account in November - account is still open…
Waiting for reply since 7 January…

Good luck!

Outside Germany, you mean. Like when they send me emails saying to reply to them until “today, 18:00” as they want to know my source of funds (which is weird in itself as I only use N26 to pay for Netflix) and then lock my account at 17:00

Their answer is that the 18:00 was in “German time” and that now I know for future reference they work on “German time”, when they didn’t specify any timezone.

So maybe if I have a Santander account I have to know that if their branch closes at 4pm, thats maybe Spanish time and I have to do the math

4 Likes

I’ve just had this response, much more conclusive than the one above:

If it’s too small to read:

“I can confirm that as part of our enhanced sign-up process, we recently perform ‘soft’ credit checks on everyone who opened an account with us. This is pretty standard when opening a new bank account, however there was a mistake and a ‘hard’ check was performed on some customers. I want to reassure you that we are already reversing this. This can take a few weeks, but this will not affect your credit score once removed from your account.”

12 Likes

Wow, will be interesting to see if I get the same response.

Out of interest, did you chase them up again, or did they come to you?

3 Likes

Still nothing from them here…

But good to see they are responding to it.

3 Likes

I first emailed them on the 12th and was told it was “being looked into”. I chased them up a week later on the 19th and got the above response today.

1 Like

Just received this response. Got to say, very happy with their response!

Hey Tommy,

I hope you are well!
Thank you for your patience for this reply.

I can confirm that as part of our enhanced sign-up process, we recently perform ‘soft’ credit checks on everyone who opened an account with us.
This is pretty standard when opening a new bank account, however there was a mistake and a ‘hard’ check was performed on some customers.

I want to reassure you that we are already reversing this. This can take a few weeks, but this will not affect your credit score once removed from your account.

We’re very sorry for any inconvenience or confusion this has caused you and confirm that no future credit checks will be performed without informing you first.

Once again, we’re very sorry.

Have a great day,

Charlotte

2 Likes

Charlotte just emailed me the same too.

The first decent bit of information I’ve had from them that makes sense.

3 Likes

Capture3

2 Likes

She’s got a busy afternoon ahead of her.

Elizabeth clearly gave up :laughing:

3 Likes

Charlotte just replied to me as well…

I just got an email from Charlotte as well, I’ve been chasing up the hard search since last week.

I wonder if it is worth disputing the search with experian as I’m not sure how much faith I have in N26 to now correct the issue.

Anyone here called Nick still waiting for a reply? If so I’ve received your email as well:

8 Likes

I received the same email, so it doesn’t look like mine :smiley:

Appreciate the expectation level was incredibly low… But well done for owning the mistake and putting it right N26!

2 Likes

I’m still getting nonsense :no_mouth:

Screenshot_20190121-153341~2

Ask to speak to Charlotte, say you know other people who’ve had emails from her.

3 Likes

Just confirm with Experian that it won’t affect your “Schufa” rating. That’s all that matters!:joy:

1 Like

Joined up with N26 when they first started, partly out of curiosity and partly to hedge my bets, but now wonder if I should have given them a bit longer to get going

Certainly references to Schufa ratings do not exactly give you confidence that they’ve truly nailed the idea of working in different countries!

3 Likes