N26 Discussion

Then it’s a good excuse to say goodbye! I am not intending to continue for a full year because I only wanted to test drive features and card as I am already paying for add-on benefits separately! Thanks for clarifying it @nickh

1 Like

Be aware they won’t let you upgrade again for 10 years or possibly forever depending on who you ask!

3 Likes

Capture

Ho ho this might be interesting…

2 Likes

Nothing here :frowning:

Am I missing something here, do N26 charge for withdrawing cash abroad?

image image

Edit: I would contact support but :man_facepalming:

So it looks like they charge 1.7% which is a bit crap

In my n26 app it says 1.7% charge is only for countries outside the eurozone.

It’s very confusing :man_shrugging: I’ll be contacting support to clarify

Unless somebody has used abroad here…?

1 Like

Response from support

That seems a bit disingenuous and unnecessarily confusing.

“a brief period”?! That’s CS? :pensive:

Yeah :joy:

More like “BS” :smirk:

1 Like

I bet the “brief period” is because they have their system set up for Eurozone countries and have to change it so that UK users will get charged the 1.7% while in Europe

2 Likes

Yeah I bet

When I asked when the change would take place they didn’t know :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Not sure if this has already been answered (thread is kinda long now) but if you subscribe to metal for the duration of the 12 month contract do you get to keep the metal card at the end if you don’t renew for another year?

Also when are we going to be able to add Payees and view/manage direct debits from in-app,those are the two things N26 are sorely missing at the moment.

The short version:

After the cancellation (or lapse if the account is not renewed at the end of the 12 month term) […] N26 will provide you with a new card of the N26 standard account within 30 days after termination of the Metal account, which needs to be activated within another 30 days after receipt. Please note that N26 will block your N26 Metal card after the activation period expired.

The long version:

5.4 Consequences of Termination
After the cancellation (or lapse if the account is not renewed at the end of the 12 month term) of your annual contract for a N26 Metal Account the remainder of your contractual relationship with N26 remains unaffected - you will (unless you or we have terminated our entire banking relationship) remain the holder of a current account with N26 but this will revert to the terms applicable to our standard current account. You will no longer enjoy the special benefits of the N26 Metal Account as listed in Clause 1.1 of these N26 Metal Special Terms and Conditions. In case you are downgraded to a standard N26 account, N26 will provide you with a new card of the N26 standard account within 30 days after termination of the Metal account, which needs to be activated within another 30 days after receipt. Please note that N26 will block your N26 Metal card after the activation period expired. The termination of your premium account membership affects the amount of Spaces you can open up and use at the same time, as well as your insurance coverage. Once your premium account closure becomes effective, we will keep the first two (2) Spaces you opened and will close all other Spaces automatically. Any balance on the closed Spaces will be transferred back to your N26 Main Account.

1 Like

Thanks for that chapuys,disappointing that they would purposely cancel it and go through the hasstle of sending you a new card.

Even though I really want a metal card I don’t think I can justify the cost in that case as I don’t see me benefitting from its perks…shame.

1 Like

If the metal card is to be seen as ‘premium’ N26 really does need to protect it by stopping others from having a metal card if they haven’t paid for it. If it was as easy as signing up for a free trial, metal would lose its cachet.

4 Likes

I’ve had a reply from N26 this morning regarding the credit checking.

Good morning,

I have some feedback form the legal team for you.

They have said that the check should not affect your Schufa rating.

We do not communicate any information to them.

More information can be found in our privacy policy that I have attached for you.

That’s handy if you want credit in Germany

8 Likes