N26 Discussion

I do love the idea of a metal card. £168 a year for it, I’m not so sure.

I might just get a piece of stainless steel cut to credit card size and put that in my wallet .

4 Likes

There’s quite a lot of discussion on that in this thread already so I’ve moved these posts.

1 Like

In fact - if anyone does want an aluminum card that is only missing a few of the features of N26 Premium - you can get 10 of them here :wink:

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/621853907/10-wallet-card-blanks-aluminum-16-gauge?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=aluminum+credit+card&ref=sr_gallery-1-7&organic_search_click=1

1 Like

Etsy have everything

You can get the aluminium machined down to make a hole for the chip and then move it over from your real card (it’s just held on with glue). You’d lose contactless though.

1 Like

Who still uses a card!? :rofl:

2 Likes

Wow :open_mouth:

Looks like my metal card has been delivered this morning by UPS.

My dad opened it at my request, and said it looks like a fake card, lol but is stainless steel…

4 Likes

when you get your hands on it, would you mind sharing a photo of it? Would love to see how it looks in reality vs the renderings on their website!

1 Like

I will do so when i finally get home tonight :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

Plenty on twitter :slight_smile:

Looks smart…

https://twitter.com/search?f=images&q=N26%20metal&src=typd

1 Like

Some of the images look like the edges fray a little. Is there a plastic cover over the metal?

Not sure, I do remember reading they had problems with the first batch of cards.

Will have to wait for @mozzauk to report back

The metal card used to have a plastic cover over the metal. I think the latest version has a metal front, and a plastic back.

1 Like

Should’ve checked there!

Super fancy looking. I just wish their basics were further along to warrant it from my own point of view.

1 Like

Might change eventually.

If they included mobile phone insurance… I might consider it.

1 Like

Looks like Black will be here soon™

Ordered metal on Monday…got my card today… looks excellent…love it

Did you decide to pay that much per month just for the card or are all the extra benefits worth it for you?

1 Like