N26 Discussion

If they thought SEPA was the transfer method, then also saying Euro would be correct because SEPA can only be used for Euro transfers.

2 Likes

Just received this piece of spam… not sure what to think about it; I mean even their question itself is stupid - if you’re so interested in whether they were able to help me why don’t you just look at the chat history?

2 Likes

Yes, they would be better off asking you how you feel about the customer support, as it is your feelings they are looking for, not the facts as they may perceive them from the chat.

2 Likes

Still, I’m quite unhappy that this is being done by email especially after I’ve opted out of any marketing/spam communications. I initiated the chat in-app… if you really have to ask for my feedback then do it in-app and don’t pollute my inbox.

I hate being asked for feedback in general (honestly, if something goes wrong I’ll complain myself, if not just assume everything is fine and get out of my way), but if it’s needed then I’d prefer something subtle and easy like an in-app prompt the next time I open it (doesn’t interrupt my flow with a notification).

2 Likes

I get that, for you, expression pretty much needs to be black and white. Binary, if you will.

For me, a more subtle approach works, but if that makes me appear irresponsible, well hey ho. :smirk:

5 Likes

I think this is where I’m struggling.

By all means complain constructively or have a discussion based on logic and fact. But to feel you need to “rubbish” someone (or a magazine) if they get one thing wrong (but doesn’t affect the overall argument) is a bit off to me. Point it out, sure, but to seek to rubbish them… :thinking:

7 Likes

Amex Platinum in the USA and some other countries are steel, and they have a contactless version

Yeah the back portion is partially made from plastic to allow the antenna to be read.

Screenshot_20181203-105637

You can just make a Chip and Pin transaction to activate contactless, no need to withdraw cash.

1 Like

How are people tracking their cards? I haven’t had any kind of email or app option to do so.

Does that mean my card hasn’t been dispatched yet? Did other people get notifications when it was dispatched?

Thanks

Can’t be sure, but I believe everyone has had a UPS email saying they have something on the way.

Best thing to do is speak to the N26 in app chat (they are very quick at responding).

Cheers - I’m in no rush, just curious as people have been posting the tracking images.

Won’t be using the card for a while anyway but looking forward to seeing what features they have and how quickly they plan to push them out.

This will be the key thing for me.

Right now, they are pointless if you are a Monzo/Starling holder.

But in 6 months or so, if they can bring the UK up to par with their European offering, it’s a different ball game altogether.

Although, given what I’ve seen, I’m not holding out much hope…

Good luck anyway! :smiley:

I got my card out of the blue without any email from UPS.

2 Likes

It seems you fit your own narrative. I only see one person trying to throw abuse/rubbish here.

I don’t condone such behaviour and I wholeheartedly agree with @Peter_G in that if you have some complaint, rubbishing isn’t the way forward.

2 Likes

My card just turned up, no tracking

I think the tracking was only because they had issues. Standard postage normally with no tracking.

Mine wasn’t signed for. Online or at the door. Just posted.

Got card on the day they said I would.

The debit card looks a lot nicer in real life than in all the pictures I’d seen.

I got the massage about an ATM withdrawal to activate when I activated… Am I correct that this just needs to be a transaction in any online terminal, such as a purchase pretty much anywhere not on an aeroplane?

Just a general reminder, checking your balance works just as well as trying to withdraw money when activating card in ATM (leastwise, it did for me).

1 Like