N26 Discussion

Has the N26 uk launch date been changed/announced yet? Last i saw was “early 2018”

3 Likes

Nothing as far as I’m aware - I had a look on their blog (where the original announcement was made), their general Twitter account, and their UK Twitter account (@N26UK).

Nope not yet, they’re still looking for a UK GM, think this post has been there for about a year now. I don’t think they’re coming over for a while now

https://next.n26.com/en/careers/positions/752885

2 Likes

All the launch talk on their Twitter feed is a future US launch as they do have a US GM/CEO now.

2 Likes

We’ll see… their own head of international markets said on Twitter “couple of months away”:

That metal card though… :heart_eyes:

Good news! According to some twitter conversations, N26 will makes its overdue appearance in the U.K. this summer

So sometime between June 21st to September 23rd

5 Likes

Looks like they are revamping the Metal card tomorrow because the old Metal card actually wasn’t very good (and apparently the Mastercard logo on was just a sticker??)

2 Likes

Rumour has it that is was removed by some users!

Goodness.

(I mean, I quite like the idea of a metal card but if I’m going to pay for a packaged account to get one then I’m going to want a good deal - better or equal to Nationwide, please. And no stickers).

1 Like

The premium fee is to cover the cost of employing an intern to apply the stickers to the cards and lick the envelopes

11 Likes

And hopefully just the envelopes.

5 Likes

Or your card…Just to clean it before posting :rofl:

5 Likes

N26 Metal looks good but the latest HSBC metal card for UAE customers looks even better.

DUBAI_HSBC_CARD_3D

4 Likes

It wouldn’t surprise me if this card didn’t make it to the UK with the lion painted red,white and blue

1 Like

I seriously doubt this card will be offered in the UK or Europe at all.

You’re probably right, all the best things are outside of the UK…

2 Likes

n26 ask you to put the account number from the card in every time you want to use in app chat :-1:

They also have a captcha on the in app email :-1:

and their face id expires after 30 days :-1:

They really need to learn from Monzo on in app support

5 Likes

It’s only a few months ago that challenger bank customers (me included) were thinking N26 could be the leader that all others would follow (when it finally arrived).

From what @DaveTMG is telling us, I don’t think we need worry about being left behind ! :grinning:

Just shows how far we’ve progressed. The pace has really stepped up - well impressed, Monzo.

6 Likes

Metal cards seems to be a very powerful psychological tool to get people sign up for the premium plans. I am genuinely surprised to read hundreds of comments on other forums where users are getting really excited about upcoming metal version of a card while forgeting that some of the asociated services will remain limited as the newly released card will stil be just a prepaid metal card and perks don’t match respective charges (e.g. Revolut). In the end, it generates revenue for the likes of N26 or Revolut and that is all that matters to them.

1 Like