N26 Discussion & Feedback

(den50) #1170

Gonna sign up for N26 in about 6 to 8 hours, wondering if N26 supports Faster Payments, cause I think I’ve seen that it does somewhere, and how long does take verification take now?

(Graham - Mental health professional) #1171

Hi @den50

It does and from my experience (and other users), it’s immediate.

Did you use a different email address etc? What ID did you use first time and what worked the second time?

When they rejected me for the same reason I used my driving license.

Different email & phone :eyes:
Used passport first time round, driving licence second
No issues straight through

(den50) #1174

That’s really weird, I’ve seen people that aren’t even from UK, but instead just live in it, get accepted fast without a rejection, even though they were using passport from another country.

Yeah very weird
And also infuriating
Have a look at Trust Pilot, seems to happeneing to a lot of people

N26 Bank uk
(Gavin) #1176

Has anyone joined N26 Bank uk

Yes.

(Gavin) #1178

Where they keep freezing the accounts

(Michael) #1179

Trustpilot, is that you?

(Cheng) #1180

Can’t see any benefit. What’s the sell?

(Gavin) #1181

All i keep seeing on there is how n26 keep freezing peoples accounts

(Jamie 🏳️‍🌈) #1182

All I keep seeing is people who think Trustpilot is worth bothering with.

(Alex Mayo) #1183

Yes, it’s awful. Very slow customer service and verification… and no real benefits. Card is now in the bin :joy:.

I signed up to compare it to :mondo:, what a waste of time that was.

(Jack) #1184

Hi Gavin, moved your post to the linked thread above. A few forum members have signed up and posted their comments here :slight_smile:

(Splodf) #1185

I did the same thing.

I reckon it will be alright in the future. It’s just not ready for a launch in the UK yet. Very much a minimum viable product.

(Nick) #1186

I signed up to compare also, and am no longer using it after exhausting the intial transfer to the account. It’s not as useful as Monzo, and there’s extra friction throughout which is irritating.

I haven’t binned the card, though. They might be a decent option five years down the line, and I don’t want to have shut myself out through dumping them hastily and falling foul of their ten-year ban.

So the premium offerings for the UK launch tomorrow (metal at least)

(Nick) #1190

You’ve misunderstood my use of the word ‘exhausting’ in this context. I mean that I transferred a sum to the account, and once I’d spent it all, I stopped using it and went back to my Monzo card.

Having to unlock the app every time is the main one. Even setting a basic lock pattern is more friction than with Monzo. The more verbose alerts also introduce a little extra friction as it’s that little bit less clear at a glance, due to the excess of text.

As for not being as useful, the statistics aren’t as helpful to me as Monzo’s spending and targets, and they’re hidden away on an odd corner of the app (again, friction). I also don’t think it’s useful to complain that someone giving their opinion of using N26 is being subjective. That’s clearly a given. I don’t have to put “in my opinion…” before each and every point I make.

(Graham - Mental health professional) #1192

In comparison, Monzo is (niggles apart) feature rich. N26 is, whichever way one looks at it, pretty basic.

If one’s needs are relatively simple, then N26 and, for that matter, Revolut, are likely to fit the bill.

Having embarked on this whole mobile banking thing, I’ve already come to expect sophistication, combined with “smart” thinking, in my bank and a further expectation that this is just the beginning.

It’s difficult to currently visualise N26 that way in its UK offering (I wonder what a full-blown N26 account looks like).

If it’s anything approaching Monzo or Starling I’d think we’d know about it by now. In any event, it’s difficult to rate the app with any enthusiasm. :slightly_frowning_face: