My Monzo card can't use in marks and Spencer?

Hi I have used my monzo debit card in marks and Spencer now for over 2 years now never any issues using in store and online but I went to use it in store yesterday and tried a few departments in M&S has I thought it might be the card machine but it wasn’t every time I wet to use chip and pin or contactless it said on card machine payment VOID ?? Not declined ? So I tried another shop fine? Please can some one tell me can I not use my Monzo card in marks and Spencer no more? So annoying also I went into monzo chat on the banking app still no proper response from them?
Please someone help me thank you.

1 Like

There was something wrong at Marks & Spencers. Nothing to do with you or Monzo.

This would seem to indicate an issue with the card machine at M&S, particularly given you say you were able to use your card ok elsewhere.

If there was a problem with Monzo it’s more likely the machine would have said DECLINED and you would’ve had an alert in your Monzo app - you haven’t said, but it sounds like the VOID transactions aren’t appearing in your app at all, which would mean the machine never actually tried to take money from Monzo.

1 Like

Sounds like a possible connection issue with M&S, certainly if no decline visible in the monzo app, which means it didn’t reach Monzo.

1 Like