Multiple Cards, One Account

No not yet anyway

I would love to get shared pots in for this reason. I donā€™t want a shared account, but just the ability to have a pool of money to pay out from/ add to.

2 Likes

This isnā€™t exactly 100% true. With both Smile (Co-op Bank) and Childā€™s (Royal Bank of Scotland), I have had two cards active on one account and not within the card expiry crossover. Okay I didnā€™t ask for 2 cards, I simply requested a new card and the old card stayed active both times until the natural expiry date.

1 Like

I too had the same with Drummondā€™s (Royal Bank of Scotland)

1 Like

I think shared pots is an excellent suggestion rather than joint accounts.
At First Direct, my partner and I had a joint account for bills and I had a sole account there as well. Her sole account was with Barclays.
Iā€™ve transferred over to Monzo for my current account, and now sheā€™s opened a current account too. What would be really useful is a shared pot for household bills to come out of, but retain our sole accounts for our individual spending. Seems like the modern way!

3 Likes

I know with spouses/ long-term couples some would like joint accounts to allow their partner to have access to their finances in case anything happens to them. At the moment itā€™s just me and my housemate, so we donā€™t need a joint account :joy: weā€™re using the acasa app to track bills/ grocery etc. but shared pots would definitely make things a lot easier (and allow us to retain our own account instead of combining the two)

1 Like