More control to restrict merchants

Hi guys,

I hope i’m not going to be judged too much with this one: I find that things like health and finance seem to go together, at least in the habitual sense. It would be really helpful to have a psychological deterrence to certain merchants: Fast food outlets, food delivery (Uber Eats, Deliveroo) that can break someone’s good (perceived) habits. If these merchants can be disabled a bit like the gambling block, it can be really helpful to us. Especially if there are some ill learned habits from a younger age.

If one builds a habit of good financial control, healthy eating, and whatever else it may be it can last a very long time and improve the well being of the one making the habit (like myself!). It only takes a single spend to break the habit and have it spiral and ruin the habit streak, even on subsequent days! With money being the element of control it has the ability to break a streak it can really help prevent days that cause all someone’s habits to unravel.

In the days of cash it took a lot of effort to get these things done, at the very least a phone call. Today it’s a bit more complicated. I’m not sure if this makes any sense!

Having the ability to control certain merchants can be quite transformational. I don’t know if any of you have found yourselves a bit healthier when you’re brok

3 Likes