More Beautiful Direct Debits in Your Monzo Account

That’s interesting. It wouldn’t be difficult for Monzo to get a logo from a website for those companies who don’t have any social media presence

I think @BethS said we can send the website or any sensible suggestion instead of twitter handle and COps will have a look.

1 Like

I have noticed that even though we can submit feedback within the feed, this doesn’t translate through to the scheduled payments section?

imageimage

Oh it has for the 2 I did and updated (I assume they accepted my adjustments)

It’s even the other way around for some. Showing as ‘beautified’ in the scheduled payments but not updated in the feed:

imageimage

Really weird as I have that exact DD (different ref obviously as I don’t want to pay for your iPhone :rofl:) and mine is fine so maybe it’s super inconsistent :thinking:

1 Like

Ahhh wait maybe it’s not going back in history! My Barclays one that is beautified is 1st March but my 1st Feb one isn’t!

You’re correct, this was not done retrospectively, but instead just for DDs going forward.

I thought that was only applied to transactions pre-beautification modifications which wasn’t anything before 15th Jan so I would have expected the 1st Feb to be updated just like 1st March

Yeah I would just assume the scheduled payment section and the feed would sync if we have the ability to submit feedback.

1 Like

I think this causes an issue for searches too as some may show up under the new name and some under the old.

Edit: strangely Barclaycard goes back to August with beatutified logos but virgin money only from January :man_shrugging:t2:

Edit 2: so virgin money I have 7 transactions. 2 are beautified and 5 are not.
If I go into any of the transactions it show a total of 7 have been made :+1:t2:
If I am in a beautified transaction and select to look at the 7 I only see the two beautified ones in the search and nothing else. :man_shrugging:t2:
If I am in a non beautified one and look at the 7 I only see one of the beautified ones and nothing else :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

None of that seems right to me :joy:

A few more were beautified in the past week. Great news!

Any idea when Halifax and the International Rescue Committee might get the logo treatment in the DD?

You should be able to send a logo into them when the app updates if you’re on iOS or should already be able to on Android

2 Likes

We’ll be able to send logos for direct debits?

1 Like

Same way you do for card transactions. Click a “suggest logo” and enter a twitter account name

1 Like

Excellent!

@daniel.cannon, what’s the correct behaviour for submitting feedback for direct debits currently? As you can see from below, I submitted some information for my last direct debit but its still not syncing to the scheduled payments tab and came through without the amended name and logo this morning:

IMG_BE8691BAE857-1

1 Like

This happened with me as well I’ve just double submitted and the latest one seemed to kick the direct debits list into touch

We recently changed how we create the Direct Debit transactions to ensure that they match the original instruction, it also means that whenever you update the merchant info for the transaction it will correctly update the instruction data as well. Unfortunately this means that some the transaction data that was submitted for older transactions might not apply to new transactions. Submitting feedback for the new transactions should fix any future issues, sorry for the trouble!

9 Likes

Could you do some sort of batch update to normalise everything?

1 Like