More Beautiful Direct Debits in Your Monzo Account

Awesome! I was just looking category and you did a full beautification! Thanks!

I only have two non-beautified DDs now (MBNA and Newday/Aqua).

1 Like

In the meantime can we make specific requests either to COps or in this thread? [Finishes opening can of worms.]

2 Likes

All of mine come through like this - getting to be a bit of a pain :frowning:

1 Like

For Bristol Energy or in general? @nickrw just fixed Bristol Energy, logo and all!

Mine never come through as bills even though I recategorise them every month.

1 Like

I just set up my Hackney council tax as a DD, and I think it wins the award for double-extra-unbeautiful. Not Monzo’s fault at all, of course, but it’s ‘L B Hackney -Rates’. London Borough of Hackney - that makes sense. But the -rates seems a bit silly. I know it’s related the the legalities of tax bills, but it isn’t common language at all!

Guess what IT department I work in :wink: unfortunately I don’t think theres anything we could do internally as the payments part is sub contracted out. But I can raise it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bigger question - could you raise why they don’t allow gender neutral titles like Mx? Thanks!!!

1 Like

Now that’s something I imagine we can do! Something great here which is a good sign.
LB Hackney are working very hard for inclusion so I’ll raise it with the developers. I would also suggest tweeting the Mayor (he’s very approachable) Twitter or email and the LBH twitter both will help give it a bit more momentum.

3 Likes

My DVLA debit from yesterday wasn’t very sleek at all. No logo and my reg was in the feed. I assume it will remain that way and should look better next month?

My BG one changed straight away yesterday

I’ve tried logging out and it’s still the same. Who knows.

It was when @nickrw did summat so maybe he needs to do it for you too?

1 Like

This was how mine originally appeared yesterday. I think @francesco had to fix it manually, so maybe it’s still not working correctly.

At least it’s not just me then. We’ll see what happens when more direct debits go out tomorrow…

Interestingly my title has changed on a few accounts to Mx and I assumed it was some form of defect :man_shrugging:t2:

I didn’t realise Mx was actually a thing. Likely because I didn’t state a gender with them.

Mx is a gender-neutral title, so it makes sense for it to be the default for unknown gender. But at the same time, why do most companies have any business knowing gender? Or title. I love Monzo in part for this… keep making everything beautiful, Monzo team. A beautiful debit card with beautiful direct debits and beautiful preferred name with no gender or title nonsense :heart:

2 Likes

Hi @nickrw, any chance you can sort Virgin Media out when you get a moment please? cheers.

IMG_0951

1 Like

So I’m not entirely thrilled about this either…
I have 22 Direct Debits, and it is hard to attribute DD payments to the DD agreements they belong to…

The names that appear in the transactions list are NOT related or the same as the name of the company that the DD agreement is with, and there is no method of determining this attribution.

I have multiple DDs with the name “LOANSDIRECT” and I know for a fact that these come from the DD named “Hpes Re Lloyds Bank Repayments”.
There is nothing in the Android app that I can see to relate these to each other.

And Monzo seems to think that it’s more important to have pretty icons.

When I click on an entry in the DD list, I expect to see a list of the DD transactions that have come from that DD agreement - NOT a message “_Are you sure you want to cancel this DD?”

I love Monzo, but this is really disappointing.

14 Likes

Made the exact same complaint. I’m all for them looking nicer but if you end up getting it wrong, or hiding the actual transactional information it can be a little concerning.

https://community.monzo.com/t/more-beautiful-direct-debits-in-your-monzo-account/31127/82?u=brandscill

https://community.monzo.com/t/more-beautiful-direct-debits-in-your-monzo-account/31127/90?u=brandscill

1 Like