More Beautiful Direct Debits in Your Monzo Account

Not at the moment, but in a few days (DDs by specification operate over very large timeframes, to give time to the legacy rust to process them) you could check your Payments tabā€™s Direct Debits section and see which ones have been set up.

I see, thanks. Partly after reading this http://www.revk.uk/2018/02/direct-debit-fraud.html , partly because iā€™m new to monzo and keen to see how things work, and partly because I think itā€™s nice to get notifications when things are setup or cancelled, could I request such notifications as a feature please?

5 Likes

Iā€™d not worry too much about Direct Debit fraud. The article you linked to says;

So are Direct Debits hugely insecure?

Basically, no. The key security comes from the fact that they can simply be reversed, with no time limit, and guaranteed by the bank (not the originator).

2 Likes

Well, I know, and Iā€™ve used DDs for years without any sleepless nights but it would be reassuring to know when the DDs Iā€™ve just moved across actually get set up.

Iā€™ve only moved small DDs across for now but when the bigger expenses move, Iā€™ll need to be careful that I donā€™t go overdrawn.

1 Like

Could we possibly have logos on payees as well? For example if I pay off a credit card or move money into an external account?

4 Likes

The latest iOS TestFlight build has the ability to submit feedback for Direct Debits. Should now be on par with Android! :rocket::raised_hands:t3:

6 Likes

goes through every direct debit to add logos

Same for incoming payments but opens the chat windows atm

Is there going to be a way to submit logos for companies that neither have a facebook or twitter account?

Thatā€™s interesting. It wouldnā€™t be difficult for Monzo to get a logo from a website for those companies who donā€™t have any social media presence

I think @BethS said we can send the website or any sensible suggestion instead of twitter handle and COps will have a look.

1 Like

I have noticed that even though we can submit feedback within the feed, this doesnā€™t translate through to the scheduled payments section?

imageimage

Oh it has for the 2 I did and updated (I assume they accepted my adjustments)

Itā€™s even the other way around for some. Showing as ā€˜beautifiedā€™ in the scheduled payments but not updated in the feed:

imageimage

Really weird as I have that exact DD (different ref obviously as I donā€™t want to pay for your iPhone :rofl:) and mine is fine so maybe itā€™s super inconsistent :thinking:

1 Like

Ahhh wait maybe itā€™s not going back in history! My Barclays one that is beautified is 1st March but my 1st Feb one isnā€™t!

Youā€™re correct, this was not done retrospectively, but instead just for DDs going forward.

I thought that was only applied to transactions pre-beautification modifications which wasnā€™t anything before 15th Jan so I would have expected the 1st Feb to be updated just like 1st March

Yeah I would just assume the scheduled payment section and the feed would sync if we have the ability to submit feedback.

1 Like

I think this causes an issue for searches too as some may show up under the new name and some under the old.

Edit: strangely Barclaycard goes back to August with beatutified logos but virgin money only from January :man_shrugging:t2:

Edit 2: so virgin money I have 7 transactions. 2 are beautified and 5 are not.
If I go into any of the transactions it show a total of 7 have been made :+1:t2:
If I am in a beautified transaction and select to look at the 7 I only see the two beautified ones in the search and nothing else. :man_shrugging:t2:
If I am in a non beautified one and look at the 7 I only see one of the beautified ones and nothing else :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

None of that seems right to me :joy:

A few more were beautified in the past week. Great news!

Any idea when Halifax and the International Rescue Committee might get the logo treatment in the DD?