Monzoweb

(Rob) #1

Hey! A couple of years ago I released Monzoweb, a way to view your Monzo account in your web browser.

Today I just released Monzoweb 3.0.0. I’ve re-written it from the ground up with some great new tech. The design has been tweaked to make it look prettier and I’ve added some extra features. It also has support for multiple accounts i.e. pre-paid and the current account.

If you have feedback, or are a developer yourself and would like to contribute that’d be fantastic :slight_smile:

Hope you enjoy it!

Edit: added link lol

Smartphone app not available to me
Community Roundup - 23/2/2018
(Jack Donovan) #2

Any chance of a link?

(Rob) #3

Lol that, mightve helped! thanks; just added it

(Dan) #4

Can you install this on any web server? :thinking:

(Rob) #5

You sure can :blush: I have instructions for Nginx but any web server should work. Just proxy traffic to /api/token to the backend node server and then serve the dist directory over http making sure to send all requests to index.html. I’ve done this in nginx using the try_files feature

(James Murray-Ferris) #6

The $1000 question is you’ve been able to build one in your spare time that looks pretty good. Where is the official one!

(Alex Sherwood) #7

That’s the whole point :smile: why would Monzo build one when developers can build them instead & add a diverse range of features, in response to user’s requests?

More on this here -

(Rob) #8

@alexs @jrmurray86 Agree with both of you here, the community engagment monzo has is great. But the API is somewhat limited right now so they’d need to expand it for developers to create really great apps etc. They do have API expansion on their roadmap though so its just a matter of time.

(Dan) #9

I cant get it working on my cPanel server so given up :stuck_out_tongue: :see_no_evil:

(Rob) #10

Wow cPanel, haven’t used that in a while :worried: can’t say I know how you get Node apps running with cPanel. It runs Apache typically underneath though doesn’t it? Can you create apache configs to proxy the traffic to the backend server?

(Andre Borie) #11

Which is a good thing. Your cPanel server is most likely already compromised. cPanel sucks and is a huge liability.

(Nick) #12

Where is the “idiots” guide to get this working on a Mac! :slight_smile:

(Danny) #13

Yea where is it? :thinking:

(Andre Borie) #14

Start with Homebrew, then use it to install Node.js and NPM, and afterwards you should be able to run the NPM commands from the readme in the repo to make it work!

(Rob) #15

I’ll see what i can do for you :smiley:

(Nick) #16

Thanks! That would be great.

(Rob) #17

I’ll use you as a guinea pig if thats ok?

(Nick) #18

Yeah. Sure. Go for it. Message me. Thanks.

(Dan) #19

Decided to install this on my Raspberry Pi with Homebrew… few questions…

1. After install as per your instructions do I just create a config.env in root with the config details in?
  2. To access this via a browser so I need to port forward 8081 to the Pi?

Sorry I’m new to Node.js… PHP I’m all good with :stuck_out_tongue:

(Andre Borie) #20

To access this via a browser so I need to port forward 8081 to the Pi?

Make sure you set up HTTPS properly; you do not want to be accessing this over an unencrypted link.