Monzonaut AMA - Amelia - Data Scientist

I suspect outside of London the data just isn’t as localised, and has been skewed in order to paint the Infograph that way. They won’t have checked to make sure there are any Greggs this far North, hence the sausage roll being where there is no Greggs nearby, but we’ll have probably been grouped into Scotland as a whole, where in the larger towns for every pret there’s probably 10 Greggs.

I think if it were to be broken down by city outside of London, we’d see a bit more red, particularly in places like Manchester.

Wouldn’t surprise me if it was just total spend in London vs total spend in rest of the U.K. either.

Okay! @alinnett! Would love to hear the breakdown of how you arrived at this picture! Is it how I presume, or are cities like Manchester indeed spending more at Greggs as well? And what about the few regions that lack a Greggs?

Is the data surmised from where the spend is taking place, or from where the user lives? For instance, if I take a flight to London, and go to Pret, will I be counted as part of the London data or as part of the data in my region?

My issue with the map though:
There is no Greggs near that sausage roll in my circle! There used to be one near it (in Inverness), but it shut down a few years ago.

1 Like