Monzo Web: Feedback Thread

This is a long thread so I haven’t read it all, apologies if I repeat what may have been suggested.

For me the only reason I would probably use the web portal is because my card/phone/both etc. are lost or stolen therefore I want to freeze my card.

So alongside the portal why not give everyone a unique code where they can just submit it online (a box: enter code here) and it freezes your card, don’t need to log in.

It gives a quick option allowing you to then take whatever time you need to properly access your portal.

The portal works as intended. Everything is great. I just have a quick suggestion to add to the web interface:

1. Ability to turn on/off magstripe transactions. As it will be really helpful to those having lost phone abroad and still in need of uaing that feature.
4 Likes

yep doesn’t work for me in Edge either.

2 Likes

Yay! a great start.

Monzo has been my main bank for a while now.
I’d like to take a phone holiday, but can’t.
Bring more features to monzoweb so as to remove the dependancy on a phone!

Works on my safari iPhone browser.

2 Likes

Not so. You can use Google Authenticator on a computer:

1 Like

I emailed support about it last night but no response yet.

Thanks for reporting this! We’re definitely looking into making this IE and Edge compatible, I’ve taken a first look to analyse what the problem is and it seems we have a few problems with both our OAuth page and the application itself, I do have a build that lets us access it through IE, but it needs a bit of polishing first.

Sorry for the delay - we are working on it!

2 Likes

Hi Liam,

Thanks for the response. Out of interest why was it never tested in these browsers prior to release?

1 Like

Authy also has a windows/mac version. The one password I have in my head is the authy backup passphrase, because contains all my keys. Worst case I could bootstrap my online existence again from that.

If you use Authy, as long as you set it up in advance you can access your Two Factor keys on your desktop via their desktop application and/or Chrome application. Only needs logging in the once (and then you have a secondary password to secure it on your desktop).

Works well and gives you a backup to get back into your account.

We’ve fixed the problem that was stopping people from logging in using the Edge browser - you should be able to get into Monzo Web, and applications that use our OAuth login flow using Edge now :+1:

IE is going to take a tad longer, but we’ll have it ready soon, as well as the fix for issues with some older versions of Safari that some people have been seeing.

5 Likes

I wonder if a solution to the 2FA issue is to setup a forwarding rule from your 2FA-protected email account to send magic link emails to a non-2FA-protected account.

If magic links have a time-use limit (do they???) perhaps this is not much of a security risk (in the event that someone breaks into your non-2FA-protected account and clicks on a magic link).

Sent in-app just now.

I can see me using the web interface for updating the desktop app with all my financial transactions as this could be simpler than getting the phone out.

@simonb @liamn Why does the app not have a password/log in? I would be concerned if someone had stolen my phone and managed to get through the iPhone password/lock screen they’d be able to access monzo straight away? Plus they’d be able to access my emails via the email app on my phone… they’d have complete control over my monzo account?
Other banking apps require you to log in before being able to use their app.

1 Like

There’s not much they could do except see your balance unless they have your thumb :grin:

Don’t leave your phone unlocked or give someone your passcode, that’s negligence

If you are that concerned you might want to set up 2fa on your email account

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m new to Monzo, hence the silly question :woman_facepalming:t4:

No such thing as a silly question :grin:

You can put a lock on the app that means you need thumbprint to unlock it as well (it’s in the settings) but money can’t leave your account without pin or thumb being entered anyway, so that’s just personal preference

2 Likes

I can’t find how you lock the app? Thanks for your help :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like